妙语佳句:
原句:As opposed to a chocolate lion.
as opposed to:与 ... 形成对照
The body as opposed to the mind or soul.
肉体与精神或灵魂相对的身体
A tort is a civil as opposed to a criminal wrong.
侵权是一种与刑事过错相对应的民事过错。
I am here on business as opposed to a holiday.
我在这里是办公事而不是度假。
原句:I know this might sound hard to believe,but apparently lions don't dance.
apparently:明显地, 表面上地 ,常指“看起来明明这样而其实未必这样”。
The prime minister resigned for the apparent reason that his health was failing.
表面上看来,总理是因身体不适辞职,实际上也许另有原因。
apparent(ly)习惯上同real(ly)比较,如apparent rather than real(表面的而非真实的)。
原句:As far as the people is concerned, you're a huge hit.
as far as:就 ... 而言(so far as ... is/are concerned,as far as ... is/are concerned,so far as concerns和as concerns都是“就...而言”的意思。注意后两种表达中concerns用复数不用单数; )
As far as we know, that man is bad pay.
据我们所知,那人没有信用,欠债不还。
As far as I recollect, you came late.
我记得你来晚了。
考考你:
我知道这很难让人相信。
人类可认为你是跳舞天才。
上期答案:
Then the friendly gods eat up my sacrifice.
There is only one way to get your precious water.