手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语口语 > 实战口语 > The english we speak > 正文

The english we speak(BBC教学)第134期:Glamping 豪华野营

编辑:Aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.
  • 大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。
  • And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.
  • 我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你今天看起来很放松,而且也很健康。
  • Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.
  • 哦,谢谢你,菲菲,实际上我刚去野营度假回来。
  • A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!
  • 野营度假?大部分野营回来的人看上去都需要继续休假,因为野营地没有舒适的设施。
  • Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.
  • 实际上我说谎了。我参加的是豪华野营。
  • Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite,
  • 对,豪华野营。虽然我是住在帐篷里,但其实当我们到达露营地时,帐篷已经搭好了,
  • we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.
  • 我们睡在舒服的床上,那里甚至还有配备炉具和冰箱的厨房。
  • Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!
  • 哇,那听起来可比普通的露营豪华多了!
  • Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get…
  • 没错!豪华的露营。把这两个词组合在一起,就是……
  • Both: Glamping.
  • 二人一起:豪华野营。
  • Oh I see… glamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous…
  • 哦,我明白了……glamping这个词是由两个词组成的:是豪华……
  • And camping.
  • 还有露营。
  • It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.
  • 称为豪华是因为那里有很多一般帐篷中不会有的设施,比如舒适的床,甚至还有厨房。
  • I really hate camping… It reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!
  • 我真的非常讨厌露营……那让我想起了孩提时代的痛苦假期,那时我睡在冰冷又潮湿的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!
  • You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!
  • 你应该试试豪华野营。你可以在户外享受愉快的时光,然后睡在舒服的床上,享用美食!那非常美好!
  • So do people really use this word 'glamping'?
  • 那glamping这个词很常用吗?
  • Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it
  • 对,这是一个比较新的词,而且有点玩笑的意味,不过你可以听到人们使用这个词,
  • because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.
  • 因为现在有越来越多的公司提供豪华野营假期。
  • What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?
  • 菲菲,怎么了?我知道你是都市女孩,不过你不想试试豪华野营吗?
  • I'm not sure about that… Is there room service?
  • 我不太确定……那里有客户服务吗?
  • Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!
  • 客服服务?那太过了!恐怕这对豪华野营来说太奢华了!
  • OK, how about a spa and massage room?!
  • 好吧,那有没有水疗室和按摩室?
  • Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.
  • 水疗室和按摩室?老实说,那实质上还只是露营而已。现在该结束节目了。
  • Ha ha! Bye!
  • 哈哈!再见!


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Neil: Hello and welcome to The English We Speak, I'm Neil Edgeller.

尼尔:大家好,欢迎收听地道英语节目。我是尼尔·埃杰勒。
Feifei: And I'm Feng Feifei. Neil you're looking very relaxed and healthy today.
菲菲:我是冯菲菲。尼尔,你今天看起来很放松,而且也很健康。
Neil: Oh, thanks Feifei, I've just come back from a camping holiday actually.
尼尔:哦,谢谢你,菲菲,实际上我刚去野营度假回来。
Feifei: A camping holiday?! Most people come back from camping looking like they need another holiday because of the lack of comfortable facilities!
菲菲:野营度假?大部分野营回来的人看上去都需要继续休假,因为野营地没有舒适的设施。
Neil: Ah, well actually I cheated. I went glamping.
尼尔:实际上我说谎了。我参加的是豪华野营。
Feifei: Glamping?
菲菲:豪华野营?
Neil: Yes, glamping. Although I was staying in a tent, it was already set up when we arrived at the campsite, we slept on proper beds and even had a kitchen with a cooker and fridge.
尼尔:对,豪华野营。虽然我是住在帐篷里,但其实当我们到达露营地时,帐篷已经搭好了,我们睡在舒服的床上,那里甚至还有配备炉具和冰箱的厨房。
Feifei: Wow, that sounds more glamorous than camping!
菲菲:哇,那听起来可比普通的露营豪华多了!
Neil: Exactly! Glamorous camping. Put those two words together and you get
尼尔:没错!豪华的露营。把这两个词组合在一起,就是……
Both: Glamping.
二人一起:豪华野营。
Feifei: Oh I seeglamping is a word made up of two words: glamorous
菲菲:哦,我明白了……glamping这个词是由两个词组成的:是豪华……
Neil: And camping.
尼尔:还有露营。
Feifei: It's glamorous because there are lots of facilities you don't normally get in a tent, such as proper beds and even a kitchen.
菲菲:称为豪华是因为那里有很多一般帐篷中不会有的设施,比如舒适的床,甚至还有厨房。
Example
例子
A: I really hate campingIt reminds me of miserable holidays as a kid, sleeping on a cold, wet floor and eating horrible food!
A我真的非常讨厌露营……那让我想起了孩提时代的痛苦假期,那时我睡在冰冷又潮湿的地上,而且食物也很糟糕!
B: You should try glamping. You get to spend time in the great outdoors but in a proper bed and with nice meals! It's wonderful!
B你应该试试豪华野营。你可以在户外享受愉快的时光,然后睡在舒服的床上,享用美食!那非常美好!
Feifei: So do people really use this word 'glamping'?
菲菲:glamping这个词很常用吗?
Neil: Yes, it's quite a new word and a bit of a joke, but you can read it and you do hear people use it because there are more and more companies offering glamping holidays.
尼尔:对,这是一个比较新的词,而且有点玩笑的意味,不过你可以听到人们使用这个词,因为现在有越来越多的公司提供豪华野营假期。
Feifei: Hmm
菲菲:嗯……
Neil: What's up Feifei? I know you're a city girl, but wouldn't you like to try glamping?
尼尔:菲菲,怎么了?我知道你是都市女孩,不过你不想试试豪华野营吗?
Feifei: I'm not sure about thatIs there room service?
菲菲:我不太确定……那里有客户服务吗?
Neil: Room service?! That's a step too far! I'm afraid that's too glamorous for glamping!
尼尔:客服服务?那太过了!恐怕这对豪华野营来说太奢华了!
Feifei: OK, how about a spa and massage room?!
菲菲:好吧,那有没有水疗室和按摩室?
Neil: Spa and massage room?! Honestly, it's still camping. Bye for now.
尼尔:水疗室和按摩室?老实说,那实质上还只是露营而已。现在该结束节目了。
Feifei: Ha ha! Bye!
菲菲:哈哈!再见!

重点单词   查看全部解释    
issue ['iʃju:]

想一想再看

n. 发行物,期刊号,争论点
vi. & vt

 
absolutely ['æbsəlu:tli]

想一想再看

adv. 绝对地,完全地;独立地

 
miserable ['mizərəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 悲惨的,痛苦的,贫乏的

 
relaxed [ri'lækst]

想一想再看

adj. 放松的, 松懈的,随意的 relax的过去式(

 
kitchen ['kitʃin]

想一想再看

n. 厨房,(全套)炊具,灶间

 
tent [tent]

想一想再看

n. 帐篷
v. 住帐篷,宿营

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。