重点讲解:
1. stand up
站;立;站立;
eg. We waited, standing up, for an hour.
我们站着等了 1 小时 。
eg. He was uncertain whether to stand up or remain sitting.
他吃不准站好还是坐好 。
2. take the weight off one's feet
放松;休息;
eg. Come and sit down and take the weight off your feet for a while.
来坐下歇一会儿吧 。
eg. After standing serving in the shop all day, I really need to take the weight off my feet in the evening.
在店里当营业员站了整整一天,晚上我确实需要坐下来好好息一息 。
3. put one's feet up
(尤指架起双脚)坐下(或躺下)休息,放松;
eg. I should advise you to put your feet up and sleep it off.
我该建议你休息一下,睡上一觉 。
eg. After supper he'd put his feet up and read. It was a pleasant prospect.
晚饭后他会支起双腿,歇一歇,看看书 。那真是件很惬意的事情 。
4. take off
脱下,脱掉(衣物);
eg. Take off those foul clothes and let me wash them.
脱下那些脏衣服让我洗一洗 。
eg. We take off our hats to those who are quietly working hard.
我们对那些默默无闻地刻苦用功的人脱帽表示敬意 。
5. on one's feet
站立;站着;
eg. Everyone was on their feet applauding wildly.
每个人都站起身来热烈鼓掌 。
eg. Being a shop assistant means that you're on your feet all day long.
当店员就意味着你得整天站着 。
6. best foot forward
全力以赴;尽最大努力;
eg. Put your best foot forward and work on the assumption that there is an acceptable solution to every problem you are likely to face.
要尽力而为,要相信你可能遇到的每一个问题都会有一个适当的解决方案 。
eg. Put your best foot forward and you will succeed.
只要全力以赴你会成功 。
v. 抢劫,掠夺