手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 在线广播 > NPR News > 2021年下半年NPR News > 正文

黎巴嫩正在经历世界上最严重的危机之一

来源:可可英语 编辑:aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • The World Bank says the economic crisis in Lebanon is one of the worst that the world has seen in over a century.
  • 世界银行表示,黎巴嫩的经济危机是一个多世纪以来世界上最严重的危机之一。
  • This happens in a country with famous tourist sites that has had a thriving middle class and legendary nightlife.
  • 这场危机发生在一个拥有著名旅游景点的国家,那里有不断兴起的中产阶级和传奇的夜生活。
  • NPR's Ruth Sherlock is in Beirut. Ruth, thanks so much for being with us.
  • NPR新闻的露丝·夏洛克将从贝鲁特带来详细报道。露丝,非常感谢你和我们连线。
  • Thank you, Scott.
  • 谢谢你,斯科特。
  • Let's begin with what you've been hearing from people.
  • 我们首先来谈谈你从当地人那里了解到的信息。
  • You know, Scott, it's really terrible. Yesterday, we went to this Armenian Christian neighborhood that used to be thriving.
  • 斯科特,这真的很可怕。昨天,我们去了曾经繁荣的亚美尼亚基督教社区。
  • We met with Hasme Tabatyan there.
  • 我们在那里遇到了哈斯梅·塔巴蒂扬。
  • She was a home care worker but now has no regular income, and she tells us anything she does earn doesn't go far because of that inflation you mentioned.
  • 她曾是一名家庭护理人员,但现在没有固定收入,她告诉我们,由于你刚才提到的通货膨胀,她挣的钱不会太多。
  • She says she can't afford to pay for a generator to get electricity when the state's power is out.
  • 她说她买不起发电机,这些发电机在国家断电时提供电力。
  • And this is really one of the basics in Lebanon because state power now only works for a couple of hours a day sometimes.
  • 这确实是黎巴嫩的必需品之一,因为国家电力系统现在有时一天只运行几个小时。
  • And it's a swelteringly hot summer here. She also can't make her rent payments.
  • 现在是黎巴嫩酷热的夏天。另外,她也付不起房租。
  • She says that she might be evicted by the end of July if she can't pay.
  • 她表示,如果不能支付房租,她可能会在7月底被赶出去。
  • And this, unfortunately, is not unique. It's typical of what people are going through.
  • 不幸的是,这种情况并不是个例。这是人们正在经历的普遍情况。
  • We've met, for example, and out-of-work chef who now collects trash for a living and a teacher that can't make ends meet on their salary.
  • 比如,我们见过一名失业的厨师,他现在靠捡垃圾为生,还有一名老师,现在靠工资已经无法维持生计。
  • And that's not surprising because baby milk now costs about a quarter of what they would earn in a month.
  • 这一点也不奇怪,因为目前婴儿奶制品的价格大约是他们一个月收入的四分之一。
  • And supplies of everything seem to be running short, I gather.
  • 我想该国所有的东西似乎都快缺货了。
  • There are shortages of the basics, so you see gas lines that are miles long with people pushing the cars along by hand in those lines.
  • 必需品都处于短缺状态,因此你会看到加油站排起数英里长的队,而人们则用手推着汽车排队。
  • We've already talked about the power cuts, but most seriously is the impact on the health care system.
  • 我们刚才提过到停电问题,但最严重的是医疗体系遭受的影响。
  • There's public hospitals shutting down, and shelves in pharmacies are sparsely stocked.
  • 公立医院关门,药店的货架上只有零星的药品。
  • It's not uncommon to see people breaking down because they've gone from pharmacy to pharmacy trying to find sometimes, you know, important life-saving medication.
  • 人们崩溃痛哭的情况并不少见,因为他们从一个药房走到另一个药房,有时试图找到重要的救命药。
  • Ruth, why is all of this happening now?
  • 露丝,为什么这一切在现在发生?
  • The thing is this is sadly, in many ways, a preventable crisis that is of Lebanon's own making.
  • 关键是,这是非常可悲的情况,因为从许多方面来说,这都是一场本可以预防的危机,而导致现在这种局面的是黎巴嫩自已。
  • The people in the government and the banking sector here have either mismanaged, squandered or stolen the cash reserves,
  • 政府和银行部门的工作人员要么管理不善,要么挥霍或窃取现金储备,
  • and now the state says it's out of money.
  • 现在这个国家称其国库已亏空。
  • Lebanese people are understandably furious. I spoke about this with Yasmine Masri.
  • 黎巴嫩民众的愤怒是可以理解的。我就此采访了亚斯敏·马斯里。
  • She's become a kind of instant celebrity here after a video went viral of her shouting,
  • 她因一则疯传的视频一夜成名,
  • shame on you, at a top politician in a restaurant and his bodyguards beating her up.
  • 视频显示,她在一家餐厅里对一位顶级政治家大喊“你真丢脸”,之后那名政治家的保镖殴打了她。
  • She tells me the crisis is actually a way of uniting people.
  • 她告诉我,危机其实是一种团结人们的方式。
  • Because you know what actually unites people — when everybody gets poor, when everybody in the same country cannot go to the bank and not have medicine,
  • 因为你知道什么能真正将人们团结在一起——当每个人都变成穷人,当同一个国家的每个人都不能去银行,无药可用,
  • cannot have water running, cannot have electricity, then everybody is looking at the same, you know, disaster. And this is when you wake up.
  • 无法获得自来水和电力,那每个人都会看到同样的事情——灾难。而这是你一觉醒来就要面对的情况。
  • This is a very divided country, and people used to support the politicians that represent their sect mostly.
  • 黎巴嫩是分裂非常严重的国家,人们过去主要支持代表他们教派的政治家。
  • Now increasingly, though, people are saying that all politicians are the same. They're all part of the same corrupt political class.
  • 不过,现在越来越多的人表示,所有的政治家都一样。他们都属于同一个腐败的政治阶层。
  • And the international community is reluctant to help in many ways, aren't they?
  • 国际社会不愿意在很多方面提供帮助,是吗?
  • That's correct. You know, they've seen financial help squandered in the past through incompetence and corruption.
  • 没错。因为过去他们看到财政援助因无能和腐败而被浪费。
  • They want major reforms, but the politicians here don't seem able or willing to implement those.
  • 他们希望进行重大改革,但这里的政治家似乎没有能力也不愿意实施这些改革。
  • NPR's Ruth Sherlock in Beirut, thanks so much.
  • 以上是NPR新闻的露丝·夏洛克从贝鲁特带来的报道,非常谢谢你。
  • Thank you.
  • 谢谢。


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容
Wpq2foX!Ct

5q5_^EzDmK

N#4F*1SD^T+vU

重点讲解:
1. make ends meet 使收支相抵;勉强维持生计;
With Betty's salary they barely made ends meet.
加上贝蒂的薪水,他们仅能勉强维持生计lH]|5hDN2WBV@LMi[ci4
2. break down 感情失控(痛哭起来);
Because he was being so kind and concerned, I broke down and cried.
他如此体贴关心,令我忍不住失声痛哭1DEDh]CwPARdrOh
3. beat up 痛打;殴打;
Then they actually beat her up as well.
接着他们对她竟然也是一顿暴打8^K%mlM**%Y14!D4
4. be reluctant to do sth. 勉强的;不情愿的;
Japan has been reluctant to offer much aid to Russia.
日本一直不愿意向俄罗斯提供太多的援助;HC(.(EAGS!b

Vf-nR.r;4k@ITm

关注微信公众号【可可双语精读】,获取详细讲解内容

kOz5S=]TNvFno[,VLdQ

qjU]4;dP^2AJ2DqEHLB%Pg@TBLia*5vCEzazr%n.*6ToR_zE;^;Bk9[

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。