手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 在线广播 > VOA慢速英语 > VOA慢速-健康报道 > 正文

VOA慢速英语(翻译+字幕+讲解):结婚前要问的问题

来源:可可英语 编辑:aimee   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • From VOA Learning English, this is the Health & Lifestyle report.
  • 这里是VOA慢速英语健康生活报道。
  • Marriage. Is it a romantic situation with some practical parts? Or it is a practical situation with some romantic parts?
  • 婚姻。这是拥有实践部分的浪漫场景?还是拥有浪漫部分的实际情况?
  • Couples and cultures differ.
  • 夫妻和文化存在不同。
  • But experts on marriage warn that, in general, romantic love –
  • 但是婚姻专家警告称,通常来说,浪漫的爱情——
  • you know, that excited feeling you have at the beginning of a relationship – lasts only for about a year.
  • 这种在恋爱关系初期的兴奋感——只能持续一年左右。
  • As the relationship continues, partners need to make sure they can still live together happily.
  • 随着恋爱关系的持续,伴侣需要确保他们仍能幸福地生活在一起。
  • In other words, they need to be compatible.
  • 换句话说,他们要互相适应。
  • But how do you know if you are compatible with someone? Like in a job interview, you need to ask questions.
  • 不过,怎么能知道是否适合对方?就像参加求职面试一样,你要问几个问题。
  • Several websites suggest questions you should ask your future bride or groom.
  • 多家网站对你应该向未来的新娘或新郎提出的问题给出了建议。
  • We have collected here some of the ones that appear most often.
  • 我们收集了一些最常出现的问题。
  • What kind of debt do you have?
  • 你有哪种债务?
  • A 2018 poll by the Pew Research Center found that money is one of the top five things couples fight about.
  • 皮尤研究中心2018年进行的一项民调发现,钱是引发夫妻争吵的五大问题之一。
  • Before tying the knot – another way of saying "getting married" –
  • 在喜结连理之前——这是结婚的另一种说法——
  • you should talk to your partner about any money each of you owes – such as student loans, house or car payments.
  • 你应该和你的另一半谈谈彼此的债务,比如助学贷款、房贷或车贷。
  • One reason to talk about debt is because married couples may want to make a costly purchase together, such as a house.
  • 谈论债务的其中一个原因是,已婚夫妻可能想一起购买昂贵的东西,比如房子。
  • Debt could limit your ability to do so.
  • 而债务会限制你们的购买能力。
  • And do not forget about credit card debt.
  • 不要忘了信用卡欠款。
  • This probably tells more about a person's relationship with money than any other kind of debt.
  • 与其他债务相比,这可能更能说明一个人与钱的关系。
  • That leads us to our next question.
  • 这就引出了下一个问题。
  • What are your spending habits?
  • 你有哪些消费习惯?
  • Some people are good at saving money. They take comfort in having extra in the bank.
  • 一些人很擅长存钱。将多余的钱存进银行令他们感觉安心。
  • Others are good at spending money. Shopping, for them, can bring comfort.
  • 其他人则擅长花钱。对他们来说,购物可以带来安慰。
  • If you and your partner spend money differently it could lead to conflict.
  • 如果你和另一半的消费观不一样,那可能会引发冲突。
  • Now is a good time to talk about savings, budgets and how you will handle your finances together.
  • 现在是商量储蓄、预算以及未来如何管理资金的适当时机。
  • How do you feel about a clean house?
  • 你对打扫房屋有什么想法?
  • Cleaning up around the house may not seem like a big deal.
  • 整理房屋可能看起来不是什么重要的事情。
  • However, the same poll noted earlier found
  • 但是,刚才提到的那项民调发现,
  • that 62 percent of all Americans said sharing household duties is important to a successful marriage.
  • 62%的美国人认为,分担家务是成功婚姻的关键。
  • How will you and your partner divide them?
  • 你和你的另一半要如何分担家务?
  • When talking about cleaning the house, there is another related question.
  • 就打扫房屋来说,还有一个相关问题。
  • How do you feel about clutter?
  • 你怎么看杂乱?
  • For some people, living in a house with things everywhere can be very stressful.
  • 对有些人来说,生活在到处都是东西的房子里可能会备感压力。
  • Other people have a hard time throwing anything away.
  • 其他人则不想扔掉任何东西。
  • It is important to know how you and your partner will deal with the everyday stuff of life.
  • 了解你和另一半会如何处理日常生活中的物品很重要。
  • How much time do you spend on social media or other technology?
  • 你在社交媒体或其他技术性设备上花费的时间是多少?
  • Some people can spend hours on Facebook or playing video games. Other people hate using their time in such a way.
  • 一些人可能会花数个小时浏览脸谱网或玩电子游戏。其他人则讨厌以这种方式使用时间。
  • Maybe they like to go hiking or play an instrument for hours instead.
  • 也许他们喜欢花数个小时的时间去徒步或演奏乐器。
  • So, at the heart of this question is this simpler but all-important one: "How do you like to spend your time?"
  • 这个问题的核心相对简单但却十分重要:“你想如何使用时间?”
  • Couples who share the same interests — whatever they may be — are more likely to succeed at being married.
  • 拥有共同兴趣的伴侣,无论是什么兴趣,更可能获得成功的婚姻。
  • Do you want children?
  • 你想要孩子吗?
  • Okay, whether or not to have children is a big question.
  • 是否要孩子是重要的问题。
  • In marriage, many areas are negotiable. Couples can find a compromise.
  • 在婚姻中,许多问题都可以协商。夫妻可以寻找折衷方法。
  • However, the question of whether or not to have children is not one of these areas.
  • 但是,这并不包括是否要孩子这个问题。
  • For many people the issue of children can be a deal-breaker.
  • 对许多人来说,孩子可能成为婚姻破裂的主要原因。
  • So, find out before you walk down the aisle,
  • 因此,在步入婚姻前解决这个问题,
  • find out if you both have the same expectations about babies – yes, no, how many and when?
  • 看看是否双方对孩子有同样的期待——是还是否,想要几个孩子,何时要孩子?
  • Have you ever been arrested? If you have ... for what?
  • 你曾经被逮捕过吗?如果有,是因为何事?
  • This may sound obvious. But you may be surprised by what you learn.
  • 这听起来可能是显而易见的。但是你得到的答案可能会令你感到震惊。
  • Before you marry someone, it is a good idea to find out if your partner has a criminal record.
  • 在和某人结婚前,最好了解清楚另一半是否有犯罪记录。
  • But keep in mind that not having an arrest record may simply mean that they have never been caught.
  • 记住,没有逮捕记录可能只是表明他们从未被抓住。
  • So, while you are on the topic, you could also ask about a history of gambling, overusing alcohol or drugs or, perhaps, violence.
  • 因此,在谈论这个话题时,你还可以问问对方是否曾赌博、过量饮酒、吸毒或是使用暴力。
  • How much time alone do you need to be happy?
  • 为了获得幸福,你需要多少独处时间?
  • You can't spend every minute together. Or can you? Best to ask.
  • 你们不可能每时每刻都在一起。或者,你们可以吗?最好问问。
  • Some people are most happy when they are around others. In fact, some people hate to be alone.
  • 对有些人来说,和其他人在一起是他们最幸福的时刻。实际上,有些人讨厌独自一人。
  • But other people may need large amounts of time by themselves.
  • 但是其他人可能需要大量独处时间。
  • It is important to share where you fall on this line.
  • 重要的是了解彼此的想法。
  • Some people may take it personally if their partner does not want to be with them all the time.
  • 一些人可能会介意另一半不想和他们一直在一起。
  • And the people who need to be alone may feel trapped by being with someone day in and day out,
  • 而对需要独处时间的人来说,一天24个小时都和其他人在一起会让他们感到压抑,
  • even if it is someone they love.
  • 即使那是他们爱的人。
  • These are just some of the questions you may want to ask before getting married.
  • 以上只是你可能想在结婚之前询问的其中一些问题。
  • These topics may be uncomfortable.
  • 这些问题可能会令人感到不舒服。
  • But a couple hours of feeling uncomfortable is better than a lifetime of conflict.
  • 但是几个小时的不舒服总好过持续一生的冲突。
  • Also, experts warn to be careful of someone who does not want to answer questions such as these.
  • 另外,专家警告称,要小心那些不想回答这些问题的人。
  • That is perhaps the greatest warning sign of all.
  • 这可能是最重要的警告信号。
  • And that's the Health & Lifestyle report.
  • 以上是健康生活报道。
  • I'm Anna Matteo.
  • 我是安娜·马迪奥。
  • And I'm Bryan Lynn. Happy Valentine's Day!
  • 我是布莱恩·林恩。情人节快乐!
  • Love and marriage
  • 爱情与婚姻
  • Love and marriage
  • 爱情与婚姻
  • Go together like a horse and carriage
  • 就像马和马车。
  • This I'll tell you, brother,
  • 兄弟,我告诉你
  • You can't have one without the other...
  • 二者缺一不可


手机扫描二维码查看全部内容
+v3DNUs!MlWeam[^y.

wo|j5ZU|P0%Mx2K*iD(

重点讲解:
1. be compatible with 能和谐相处的;合得来的;
I'm compatible with my partner.
我和我的搭档很合得来w71fc+DDUM4tkQc4ASUM
2. tie the knot 结合;结婚;
Len tied the knot with Kate five years ago.
莱恩5年前和凯特结婚了6,|9(s1d1-J
3. throw away 扔掉,丢掉(废弃物);
I never throw anything away.
我什么东西都不舍得扔=Zi)iWK%Z-
4. walk down the aisle 婚礼的仪式;
He was in no hurry to walk down the aisle.
他并不急于结婚w89*~#A])y

rN45LmsulJiR(e]

;ng,Ah_1n(ZGX,jn@.h-M)JVUc9WW|=f^BHyEL1a|Dq!-*gzzhgtMj

重点单词   查看全部解释    
groom [gru:m]

想一想再看

n. 马夫,新郎,男仆
vt. 刷洗,照看马,

联想记忆
conflict ['kɔnflikt]

想一想再看

n. 冲突,矛盾,斗争,战斗
vi. 冲突,争

联想记忆
arrest [ə'rest]

想一想再看

vt. 逮捕,拘留
n. 逮捕,拘留

联想记忆
negotiable [ni'gəuʃiəbl]

想一想再看

adj. 可磋商的,可转让的,可通行的

 
knot [nɔt]

想一想再看

n. 结,节
vi. 打结
vt.

 
handle ['hændl]

想一想再看

n. 柄,把手
v. 买卖,处理,操作,驾驭

联想记忆
alcohol ['ælkəhɔl]

想一想再看

n. 酒精,乙醇,酒

 
aisle [ail]

想一想再看

n. (席位间的)通道,侧廊

 
romantic [rə'mæntik]

想一想再看

adj. 浪漫的
n. 浪漫的人

联想记忆
compromise ['kɔmprəmaiz]

想一想再看

n. 妥协,折衷,折衷案
vt. 妥协处理,危

联想记忆


关键字: VOA慢速 健康 婚姻

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。