Hello, I'm John Russell.
大家好,我是约翰·拉塞尔。
Let's continue our exploration of common words, phrases, and expressions.
让我们继续探讨常见的单词、短语和表达方式。
Today we focus on language we might use when we need to interrupt other people.
今天,我们将讨论当我们需要打断别人说话时可能会用到的表达。
In other words, we use this phrase when we need to get the attention of someone who is speaking.
换句话说,当我们需要引起正在说话的人的注意时,我们会使用这个表达。
It goes like this:
是这样说的:
“sorry to interrupt, but...”
“抱歉打断一下,但是......”
We begin with the word “sorry.”
我们以“sorry”开头。
This is an informal way to apologize.
这是一种非正式的道歉方式。
Why might you need to apologize?
为什么需要道歉?
Well, in American culture, we consider it impolite to cut in when someone else is speaking.
在美国文化中,我们认为在别人发言时插嘴是不礼貌的。
One important part about the word “sorry.”
关于“sorry”这个词,有一点很重要。
The vowel sound can be tricky.
发出它的元音可能比较难。
Repeat the vowel sound after me.
跟着我重复发一下元音。
And make sure your jaw and lips are relaxed.
确保下巴和嘴唇放松。
/a/
/a/
Now, let's consider the word “interrupt.”
现在,我们来看看“interrupt”这个词。
It has the neutral vowel sound a couple of times.
它有几个中元音。
We make the neutral vowel sound like this:
我们这样发中元音:
/a/(正确写法见视频)
/a/(正确写法见视频)
Now, let's say the whole word:
现在,让我们把整个单词读出来:
Interrupt
Interrupt
Now, let's combine our words.
现在,让我们把单词组合起来。
Repeat after me:
跟着我念:
Sorry to interrupt, but...
Sorry to interrupt, but...
What comes after the word “but?”
“but”后面要加什么内容?
Any kind of simple statement that involves a clause, a subject and verb grouping.
任何涉及分句、主语和动词组合的简单陈述都可以。
For example, you might say:
例如,你可以说:
“Sorry to interrupt, but I have a quick question.”
“抱歉打断一下,但我有个简单的问题。”
Or “Sorry to interrupt, but I need your help.”
或者“抱歉打断一下,但我需要你的帮助。”
That's all for today.
今天就到这里。
Keep up the good work!
继续努力!