Hello, I'm John Russell.
大家好,我是约翰·拉塞尔。
Let's continue our exploration of common words, phrases, and questions.
让我们继续探讨常见的单词、短语和问题。
Today we consider a useful question:
今天我们来讨论一个有用的问题:
Do you speak English?
你会说英语吗?
In today's lesson, we will focus on linking.
在今天的课堂中,我们将重点讨论连读。
Linking means to connect an ending consonant sound with the first vowel sound in the next word.
连读是指将词尾辅音与下一个单词的第一个元音连起来读。
If you want to sound more like an American, then you need to practice linking your speech.
如果你想让自己听起来更像美国人,那么你就需要练习连读。
Let's take our question: Do you speak English?
就拿我们的问题来说吧: 你会说英语吗?
We have four words, but the last two are of special importance.
这句话有四个单词,但最后两个单词特别重要。
Notice that the verb “speak” ends in this consonant sound.
请注意,动词“speak”是以这个辅音结尾的。
-k, -k.
-k,-k。
And notice that the noun “English” starts with a vowel sound:
请注意,名词“English”是以一个元音开头的:
E, E, E.
E,E,E。
Americans generally link the last sound in “speak” with the first vowel sound in “English” .
美国人通常将“speak”的最后一个音与“English”的第一个元音连起来读。
We can compare two statements.
我们可以比较一下两种读法。
If we say the phrase without linking, it sounds like this:
如果我们说这个短语时不连读,听起来就像这样:
speak English.
speak English。
But when we say the phrase with linking, it sounds like this:
但当我们连读时,听起来就像这样:
speak English.
speak English。
This detail about linking might seem minor, but mastering linking can really go far toward improving your pronunciation.
关于连读的这个细节看似微不足道,但掌握连读的确能大大改善你的发音。
And when we use common, everyday phrases, we need to sound as natural as possible.
使用日常短语时,我们需要让自己的发音尽可能自然。
That's all for today!
今天就到这里!
Keep up the good work!
继续努力!