Ser Jorah had been shoved off his feet by the eunuch.
乔拉爵士被那太监摔了出去,接着亚拉克弯刀和长剑“唰”地一声同时出鞘,
She ran between them as arakh and longsword both came flashing from their sheaths.
她赶紧奔到他们之间。
“Put down your steel! Stop it!”
“放下武器!住手!”
“Your Grace?”
“陛下?”
Mormont lowered his sword only an inch.
莫尔蒙仅将剑尖放低一寸,
“These men attacked you.”
“这两人意图不轨。”
“They were defending me.”
“他们在保护我。”
Dany snapped her hand to shake the sting from her fingers.
丹妮使劲甩手,以去掉指头的刺痛感,
“It was the other one, the Qartheen.”
“对我不利的是个魁尔斯人。”
When she looked around he was gone.
她环顾四周,那人已不见踪影。
“He was a Sorrowful Man.
“他是个遗憾客,
There was a manticore in that jewel box he gave me.
给了我一个装蝎尾兽的珠宝盒。
This man knocked it out of my hand.”
正是这位老人将它从我手中打落。”
The brass merchant was still rolling on the ground.
铜器商还在地上打滚,
She went to him and helped him to his feet.
她走过去把他扶起来。
“Were you stung?”
“你被蛰到了吗?”
“No, good lady,” he said, shaking,“or else I would be dead.
“没有,好心的夫人,”他颤抖着说,“否则我早没命了。
But it touched me, aieeee, when it fell from the box it landed on my arm.”
但它碰到了我,哎哎哎,它从盒子里摔出来,正好落到我手上。”
He had soiled himself, she saw, and no wonder.
难怪,他尿了裤子。
She gave him a silver for his trouble and sent him on his way before she turned back to the old man with the white beard.
她给他一个银币算是补偿,打发他离开,然后转身面对白胡老人,
“Who is it that I owe my life to?”
“我欠你一条命。”
“You owe me nothing, Your Grace.
“您什么也不欠我,女王陛下。
I am called Arstan, though Belwas named me Whitebeard on the voyage here.”
我本名阿斯坦,来此的航海途中,贝沃斯为我起了个绰号叫白胡子。”
Though Jhogo had released him, the old man remained on one knee.
虽然乔戈已经放手,但老人仍保持跪姿。
Aggo picked up his staff, turned it over, cursed softly in Dothraki,
阿戈拣起拐杖,翻过来,忍不住用多斯拉克语轻声咒骂。
scraped the remains of the manticore off on a stone, and handed it back.
他把蝎尾兽的尸体在石头上刮掉,递回给老人。
“And who is Belwas?” she asked.
“谁是贝沃斯?”她问。
The huge brown eunuch swaggered forward, sheathing his arakh.
高大的棕肤太监把亚拉克弯刀收好,昂首阔步地走上前。
“I am Belwas. Strong Belwas they name me in the fighting pits of Meereen.
“我就是。在弥林的斗技场,大家叫我‘壮汉’贝沃斯,
Never did I lose.”
因为我从没输过。”
He slapped his belly, covered with scars.
他拍拍布满伤疤的肚子。
“I let each man cut me once, before I kill him.
“我杀人之前,都会给对方一次机会,先砍我一下。
Count the cuts and you will know how many Strong Belwas has slain.”
算一算,你就知道‘壮汉’贝沃斯杀了多少人。”
Dany had no need to count his scars;
丹妮无需去数,
there were many, she could see at a glance.
她早已瞥见伤疤有多少。
“And why are you here, Strong Belwas?”
“你何故来此,‘壮汉’贝沃斯?”
“From Meereen I am sold to Qohor, and then to Pentos and the fat man with sweet stink in his hair.
“我从弥林被卖到科霍尔,接着又被卖给潘托斯那个头发里有香味的胖子。
He it was who send Strong Belwas back across the sea, and old Whitebeard to serve him.”
他派‘壮汉’贝沃斯渡海过来,并让白胡子服侍他。”