您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
国外媒体资讯 >
国家地理杂志 >
正文
- Still, I long for my beloved communities, my family, the singing and sacred silence of church,
- 然而,我仍深切盼望着我心爱的小区、我的家人、教堂里的歌声与神圣的寂静,
- the motley crowd of people who've joined us for dinner forever.
- 以及经常与我们共进晚餐的各种人群。
- I'm homesick for touch. I miss celebrations, good vibrations in the midst of grim times, and even loud celebratory noises.
- 我思念与人的接触。我怀念各种庆祝活动、严峻时期的正能量,甚至是庆祝时的喧闹声。
- Loud noises scare off bad spirits. More than anything, I miss skin.
- 巨大声响能吓跑恶灵。其中我最想念的,是肌肤的触感。
- But we cannot fly anywhere or even drive to our cousin's hunting lodge or mobile home.
- 但我们不能飞往任何地方,甚至不能开车去我们表亲的狩猎小屋或移动式房屋。
- Left to my own devices, I am steeped in dread. But I am not left to my own devices: I have friends and an imagination.
- 如果放任我自行其事,我就会沉浸在恐惧中。但我并非独自一人:我还有朋友和想象力。
- Since COVID-19, I first imagined us as our own planets.
- 自COVID-19发生以来,我起初想象我们活在自己的星球。
- We could holy up our homes, with our cranky selves and those we're quarantined with, who can wear on our last nerve.
- 那个暴躁不安的自我,以及和我们隔离在一起、快要使我们抓狂的家人,或许可以为我们的家赋予神圣意义。
- But that was too large a canvas for me in my current condition.
- 不过,依我目前的状况来看,这项任务太过艰难。
- So I imagined my home as one of those glittery matchboxes friends have given me over the years, containing emblems of hope and faith:
- 因此,我把我家想象成多年来朋友送我的那些华丽火柴盒,里面装着希望与信念的象征:
- an origami crane, a spray of dried bluebells, a heart.
- 一只纸鹤、一串干燥蓝铃花、一颗爱心。
- Then I made altars around the house. Feathers to remind us of flight, weightlessness, grace.
- 接着我在房子各处搭起圣坛。放上羽毛,用来提醒我们飞行、轻盈、优雅。
- And something from the beach that has been tossed and churned, brought to beauty by turbulence.
- 放上来自海滩的东西,它经过抛掷及翻搅,动荡造就了它的美。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
1.scare off 吓跑
I don't think that revealing your past to your boyfriend scared him off.
我并不认为是因为你把自己的过去告诉了你的男朋友才把他吓跑的。
2.more than anything 最重要的是
More than anything, I want to please you.
最重要的是,我想让你高兴。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/202101/623943.shtml