您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之国际问题篇 >
正文
- When I was in my 20s, I saw my very first psychotherapy client.
- 当我20几岁时,我见到了我的第一个需要精神疗法的病人。
- I was a Ph.D. student in clinical psychology at Berkeley.
- 当时我是一个在伯克利大学读临床心理学的Ph.D学生。
- She was a 26-year-old woman named Alex.
- 她是一位叫Alex的26岁女性。
- Now Alex walked into her first session wearing jeans and a big slouchy top,
- 第一次会面时Alex穿了牛仔裤以及略微不修边幅的上衣,
- and she dropped onto the couch in my office and kicked off her flats and told me she was there to talk about guy problems.
- 进来后直接坐到我办公室中的沙发上,踢掉她的鞋子,然后跟我说她是来跟我讲男性问题的。
- Now when I heard this, I was so relieved. My classmate got an arsonist for her first client.
- 当我听到这个时,我松了一口气。我的一个同学的第一个病人是一个纵火犯。
- And I got a twentysomething who wanted to talk about boys.
- 所以说,我有一个二十几岁的人想跟我谈谈男生。
- This I thought I could handle. But I didn't handle it.
- 我以为我能处理好这事。但我没能办到。
- With the funny stories that Alex would bring to session,
- Alex在每一次会面时都会带来好笑的故事,
- it was easy for me just to nod my head while we kicked the can down the road.
- 因此对我而言点点头,不断拖延出结果的时间是一件非常轻松的事情。
- "Thirty's the new 20," Alex would say, and as far as I could tell, she was right.
- Alex会说“三十就是新的二十”,而且就我知道的,她是对的。
- Work happened later, marriage happened later, kids happened later, even death happened later.
- 工作要以后才有,结婚以后才有,孩子以后才有,连死亡都是以后才有。
- Twentysomethings like Alex and I had nothing but time.
- 像Alex和我一样是二十几岁的人除了时间外一无所有。
- But before long, my supervisor pushed me to push Alex about her love life. I pushed back.
- 但没过多久,我的监督就催我开始推动Alex的爱情生活。我拒绝了。
- I said, "Sure, she's dating down, she's sleeping with a knucklehead, but it's not like she's going to marry the guy."
- 我说:“没错,她现在在约会,她和一个笨蛋同床,但这并不表示她会和他结婚。”
- And then my supervisor said, "Not yet, but she might marry the next one.
- 然后我的监督说:“现在还没,但她可能会和下一个这样的人结婚。
- Besides, the best time to work on Alex's marriage is before she has one."
- 再说,在Alex的婚事上花费精力的最好时间就是在她结婚之前。”
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练