您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- And he's not the only one in the world.
- 他并不孤单。
- Every year, 60,000 people are newly diagnosed with Parkinson's, and this number is only rising.
- 每年60000人被新诊断为帕金森综合征,而且以后会更多。
- As designers, we dream that our designs solve these multifaceted problems,
- 作为设计者,我们希望我们的设计可以解决多方面的问题,
- one solution that solves it all, but it need not always be like that.
- 一个方法就能一劳永逸,但往往事与愿违。
- You can also target simple problems and create small solutions for them and eventually make a big impact.
- 你也可以通过解决一系列小问题,最终产生重大的影响。
- So my aim here was to not cure Parkinson's, but to make their everyday tasks much more simple, and then make an impact.
- 所以我的重点不是治愈帕金森综合征,而是让病人每天更轻松,最后产生影响。
- Well, the first thing I targeted was tremors, right?
- 那么第一个要解决的问题就是颤抖,对吧?
- My uncle told me that he had stopped drinking coffee or tea in public just out of embarrassment,
- 叔叔告诉我他为了防止引起尴尬,已经不在公共场合喝咖啡或者茶了,
- so, well, I designed the no-spill cup. It works just purely on its form.
- 所以我设计了防洒杯,通过设计一个样式达到目的。
- The curve on top deflects the liquid back inside every time they have tremors,
- 每次使用者颤抖时,顶部的曲线可以让液体流回杯子,
- and this keeps the liquid inside compared to a normal cup.
- 从而达到不会洒的目的。
- But the key here is that it is not tagged as a Parkinson's patient product.
- 更关键的是它不会被贴上帕金森综合征患者产品的标签。
- It looks like a cup that could be used by you, me, any clumsy person,
- 它就像一个你,我,每个笨手笨脚的人都会使用的杯子,
- and that makes it much more comforting for them to use, to blend in.
- 这会让病人更好的融入社会。
- So, well, one problem solved, many more to go.
- 所以第一个问题解决了,后面还有很多。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
Mileha Soneji女士的叔叔是一位帕金森症患者, 出于其以人为本,真情的关怀,她做了两个小发明,成功地帮助叔叔找回了曾经的感觉。她这次来到TED讲台,将她的故事与大家分享,希望让更多人受到启发和获益!
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201909/594295.shtml