手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 哈佛大学《幸福课》 > 正文

哈佛大学公开课《幸福课》(视频+MP3+双语字幕):第493期

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Ali Crum was my student for, since her freshman year.
  • 阿里·克拉姆从大一起就是我的学生
  • I was her TF when I taught with Phil Stone.
  • 我是她的助教,那时我和菲尔·斯通一起教学
  • And then I was her thesis advisor with Ellen Langer.
  • 然后我和艾伦·兰格是她的毕业论文导师
  • And this was the topic of her thesis.
  • 这是她的毕业论文题目
  • When Ellen Langer came up with the idea for the thesis,
  • 当艾伦·兰格提出这个想法时
  • and she told Ali and me this is what I think would be a very interesting study,
  • 她告诉我和阿里,我觉得这会是个有趣的研究
  • I took Ellen aside after the study, after the meeting, after Ali went away.
  • 我在会后把艾伦叫到一边,在阿里走了之后
  • And I told her, you know, Ellen I don't think it's fair.
  • 我跟她说,艾伦我觉得这样不公平
  • I don't it's fair that Ali will do her thesis on it.
  • 我觉得让阿里用这个做毕业论文不太公平
  • Because the thesis is a very tough experiment, you'll hear about it if you haven't read about it in a minute.
  • 因为这是个非常困难的实验,如果你们没看过的话,一会儿就会听到了
  • If we take a lot of time from her, she's not going to get any results.
  • 就算我们花费她大量的时间,她也不会有任何成果
  • Now you can write your senior thesis with getting no result, without getting a result, that's OK.
  • 现在你们的毕业论文可以没有结果,没有成果也没关系
  • But I said, "why waste her time, her senior year
  • 但我说,干嘛浪费她的时间呢
  • And she said to me, will work. I said to her, no it won't. And boy, did it work!
  • 她跟我说会有结果的。我说不会的。而最后真的有结果
  • Now I've learned since not to argue with Ellen Langer, because she has ideas that you would never think would work,
  • 我从那时起就学会了不和艾伦·兰格争辩,因为她总有你觉得不可能有结果的想法
  • but they do like the study we mentioned with the 1979, I'm going back to 1959
  • 但他们确实很喜欢我们1979年的,回到1959实验
  • or with the eye test, being simply in the flying simulator improves your eyesight.
  • 或是那个视力测试,只是飞行模拟器提升了你的视力
  • Again, ideas that seem fantastic, but she proves them right. So the same happened here with this study.
  • 就是这些看起来很无厘头的想法,她证明它们是正确的。这个研究也是如此
  • The study was Ali went to hotels and worked with the ladies who were cleaning the hotels.
  • 这个实验是阿里去到酒店和酒店的清洁工一起工作


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

课程简介:

我们来到这个世上,到底追求什么才是最重要的?他坚定地认为:幸福感是衡量人生的唯一标准,是所有目标的最终目标。塔尔博士在哈佛学生中享有很高的声誉,受到学生们的爱戴与敬仰,被誉为"最受欢迎讲师"和"人生导师"。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
senior ['si:njə]

想一想再看

adj. 年长的,高级的,资深的,地位较高的

联想记忆
fantastic [fæn'tæstik]

想一想再看

adj. 极好的,难以置信的,奇异的,幻想的

 
haven ['heivn]

想一想再看

n. 港口,避难所,安息所 v. 安置 ... 于港中,

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。