adj. 显微镜的,极小的,微观的
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语视频听力 > 纪录片 > 《恐龙灭绝真相》纪录片 > 正文
- Gerta Keller also had samples from the core.
- Gerta Keller也有一些岩芯样本。
- She was looking for something quite different.
- 她正在观察一些很不寻常的东西。
- I just scanned them very rapidly, and at first I didn't see anything,
- 我大致看了一下,一开始没有什么发现,
- and then I began to see some shapes that looked familiar.
- 后来我开始观察一些相似的结构。
- What Keller thought she had seen, were microscopic plankton fossils called forams,
- Keller认为她看到的是一种叫做有孔虫的微小浮游生物的化石,
- but they were poorly preserved and it took an expert eye to make them out.
- 但它们保存得很不完整,只有专家的眼光才能发现它们。
- This is a 3D image of a perfect foraminifera.
- 这是完整有孔虫的3D图像。
- This is what we found in the core, it is a cross section of the same species.
- 这是我们在岩芯中发现的,这幅横截面上的是同一种类。
- This is another 3D image, you see five chambers arranged in a circle,
- 这是另一幅3D图像,你可以看到圈的周围有5个小室,
- you can see the same chambers in the cross section.
- 这幅横截面上有很多这样的小室。
- Here is another species, each of the segments come to a pinched end, and the same you can see on the cross section.
- 这是另一种,每一部分都有收缩末端,它们同样遍布整个横截面。
- All these species went extinct at the same time as the dinosaurs,
- 所有这些物种都与恐龙同时灭绝,
- yet Keller had found their fossils in rock, formed after the Chicxulub impact.
- 可是Keller在岩层中发现的这些化石却是在希克苏鲁伯大碰撞后形成的。
- For Keller the meaning of the discovery was clear.
- 对于Keller来说,这一发现的结论不言而喻。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: