您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之国际问题篇 >
正文
- I want to step back, and I want to bring up the concept of negative emissions again.
- 我想退一步,再次提出负排放的概念。
- Negative emissions require that the CO2 separated be permanently removed from the atmosphere forever,
- 负排放,需要被分离的二氧化碳永久性地从大气层中去除,
- which means putting it back underground, where it came from in the first place.
- 这意味着把它送回地下,也就是它最初所在的地方。
- But let's face it, nobody gets paid to do that today -- at least not enough.
- 但请让我们面对现实吧,至今都没有人以此为生--至少相关从业者数量还远远不够。
- So the companies that are developing these technologies are actually interested in taking the CO2
- 所以开发这些技术的公司其实是对获取二氧化碳感兴趣,
- and making something useful out of it, a marketable product.
- 为了从中造出有价值的东西,一个可销售的产品。
- It could be liquid fuels, plastics or even synthetic gravel.
- 它可以是液体燃料,塑料,甚至是合成的砾石。
- And don't get me wrong -- these carbon markets are great.
- 别误会我的意思--这些碳源的市场非常好。
- But I also don't want you to be disillusioned.
- 但是我也不想让你们产生错误的幻想。
- These are not large enough to solve our climate crisis,
- 这些市场还不够大,不足以解决气候危机,
- and so what we need to do is we need to actually think about what it could take.
- 所以我们需要认真思考一下还能做些什么来解决危机。
- One thing I'll absolutely say is positive about the carbon markets is that they allow for new capture plants to be built,
- 关于碳市场的一个绝佳的事实就是,它至少支撑了建造新的捕获工厂,
- and with every capture plant built, we learn more.
- 每建造一个捕获工厂,我们都会学到更多;
- And when we learn more, we have an opportunity to bring costs down.
- 当我们学到更多,我们就能不断地降低成本。
- But we also need to be willing to invest as a global society.
- 但作为一个国际社会,我们还需要愿意去投资。
- We could have all of the clever thinking and technology in the world,
- 我们有世界上所有的奇妙思想和科技,
- but it's not going to be enough in order for this technology to have a significant impact on climate.
- 但是这还远无法让这项技术对气候带来显著的改善。
- We really need regulation, we need subsidies, taxes on carbon.
- 我们还切实地需要法规扶持,我们需要补贴,碳税。
- There are a few of us that would absolutely be willing to pay more,
- 我们当中有一部分人绝对愿意为此花更多的钱,
- but what will be required is for carbon-neutral, carbon-negative paths to be affordable for the majority of society in order to impact climate.
- 但为了走向零碳排放,甚至是碳负排放的道路,我们需要让社会中的大多数人都能够承担得起这部分费用,才能真正影响气候。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
我们的地球有一个关于“碳”的问题——如果我们不开始从大气中移除二氧化碳,气温将很快变得越来越高。化学工程师珍妮佛·威尔考克斯介绍了可直接从空气中减少碳含量的前沿科技,使用化学反应捕获和再次使用二氧化碳,跟树木吸收二氧化碳的原理类似,但是规模更大。这个演讲详细地探讨了人类除碳的愿景和所需要面对的困难。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201903/581545.shtml