您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- So for example, "The Cat in the Hat Comes Back," a book that I'm sure we all often return to, like "Moby Dick."
- 例如,《戴帽子的猫回来了》,这本书我相信很多人还经常读,又如《白鲸记》。
- One phrase in it is, "Do you know where I found him?
- 里面有句台词是,“你知道在哪儿找到他的么?
- Do you know where he was? He was eating cake in the tub, Yes he was!"
- 你知道他在哪里么?他在浴缸里吃蛋糕,对,没错!”
- Fine. Now, if you learn that in Mandarin Chinese, then you have to master,
- 现在,在中文中,那么你需要这么说,
- "You can know, I did where him find? He was tub inside gorging cake, No mistake gorging chewing!"
- “你知道是否你,我哪里他找到?他在浴缸里吃蛋糕,没错误虎咽狼吞!”
- That just feels good. Imagine being able to do that for years and years at a time.
- 感觉棒极了。想象在未来能够做到这样。
- Or, have you ever learned any Cambodian?
- 或者你们学过柬埔寨语吗?
- Me either, but if I did, I would get to roll around in my mouth not some baker's dozen of vowels like English has
- 我也没有,不过要是我学过,那么我嘴里发出的元音要远多于英语中的13个元音,
- but a good 30 different vowels scooching and oozing around in the Cambodian mouth like bees in a hive.
- 而是整整30个不同的元音,在柬埔寨人的嘴里热烈的翻腾着,就像蜂巢里的蜜蜂一样。
- That is what a language can get you.
- 这是语言能够带给你的。
- And more to the point, we live in an era when it's never been easier to teach yourself another language.
- 更进一步,我们现在的时代,要自学一门语言比过去容易很多。
- It used to be that you had to go to a classroom,
- 过去你要学习外语,就需要去上课,
- and there would be some diligent teacher -- some genius teacher in there
- 或许会遇到勤勉的老师以及一些睿智的老师,
- but that person was only in there at certain times and you had to go then, and then was not most times.
- 但是那个人只在特定的时间出现,你需要去按时上课,除此之外就没有机会了。
- You had to go to class. If you didn't have that, you had something called a record. I cut my teeth on those.
- 你只能去课堂。如果你没法听课,你能拿到录音带。我小时候就是这么学的。
- There was only so much data on a record, or a cassette, or even that antique object known as a CD.
- 录音上就那么多信息,磁带也是这样,或者是已过时的光盘。
- Other than that you had books that didn't work, that's just the way it was.
- 除此之外你有用处不大的书,学外语就是这样。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
英语正迅速成为世界通用语言,同步翻译技术也在逐年提高。那么为什么还要学习一门外语呢?美国哥伦比亚大学教授、语言学家约翰·麦克沃特分享了学习一门不熟悉的语言的四个好处。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201901/577842.shtml