您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- Second reason: it's been shown that if you speak two languages, dementia is less likely to set in,
- 第二个原因:有研究指出,同时讲两种语言的人更不容易痴呆,
- and that you are probably a better multitasker.
- 而且你可能更加的擅长多线操作。
- And these are factors that set in early,
- 这些都是目前的研究结论
- and so that ought to give you some sense of when to give junior or juniorette lessons in another language.
- 能够给你一些参考,帮助你决定什么时候让孩子们接触新的语言。
- Bilingualism is healthy. And then, third -- languages are just an awful lot of fun.
- 双语教学有益健康。然后,第三点语言本身非常的有意思。
- Much more fun than we're often told.
- 比人们一般认为的要有意思的多。
- So for example, Arabic: "kataba," he wrote, "yaktubu," he writes, she writes. "Uktub," write, in the imperative.
- 例如在阿拉伯语中“kataba”表示“他写了”,“yaktubu”表示“他写,她写”。“Uktub”,是祈使句中“写”的意思。
- What do those things have in common?
- 这些有什么共同之处呢?
- All those things have in common the consonants sitting in the middle like pillars.
- 这几个单词的共同之处在于词里面都有同样的辅音,构成主体。
- They stay still, and the vowels dance around the consonants.
- 它们保持不变,元音围绕着辅音变化。
- Who wouldn't want to roll that around in their mouths?
- 谁不想多说这些单词几遍呢?
- You can get that from Hebrew, you can get that from Ethiopia's main language, Amharic. That's fun.
- 你能在希伯来语中找到这些,你能在埃塞俄比亚的主要语言阿姆哈拉语中找到。太有意思了。
- Or languages have different word orders.
- 不同语言的语序使不同的。
- Learning how to speak with different word order is like driving on the different side of a street if you go to certain country,
- 当你学习语序不同的语言时,就像到某些国家,在道路另一侧开车,
- or the feeling that you get when you put Witch Hazel around your eyes and you feel the tingle.
- 又像是把薄荷涂在眼睛周围时,感受到的那种刺激感。
- A language can do that to you.
- 语言也能给你类似的感觉。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
英语正迅速成为世界通用语言,同步翻译技术也在逐年提高。那么为什么还要学习一门外语呢?美国哥伦比亚大学教授、语言学家约翰·麦克沃特分享了学习一门不熟悉的语言的四个好处。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201901/577732.shtml