手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED十佳演讲话题 > 正文

TED十佳演讲之神童 获奖青少年,科技在行动(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:hoy   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • So my idea was born,and I had the project set up and a hypothesis,
  • 这就是我的想法诞生的过程,然后,我就有了项目的开展和假说,
  • so what was my next step?
  • 那么我的下一步呢?
  • Well obviously I had to find a lab to work at because I didn't have the equipment in my school.
  • 很明显的,我要找到一家实验室,因为我在学校没有实验设备。
  • I thought this would be easy,
  • 我以为这会很容易,
  • but I emailed about 200 different people within a five-hour radius of where I lived,
  • 但是我给200多个人写邮件 ,离我居住的地方开车5个小时的范围内,
  • and I got one positive response that said that they could work with me.
  • 我只得到了一个正面的回复,说愿意帮助我。
  • Most of the others either never responded back,
  • 更多的人要么根本不回复,
  • said they didn't have the time or didn't have the equipment and couldn't help me.
  • 说他们没时间 要么就是没有设备,帮不了我。
  • So it was a big commitment to drive to the lab to work multiple times.
  • 所以说,这是一个很重的承诺,要多次开车去实验室开展实验。
  • However, it was a great opportunity to work in a real lab --
  • 但是,这是一个可以在真正的实验室工作的绝好机会--
  • so I could finally start my project.
  • 我也得以最终开始我的项目。
  • The first stage was completed at home,
  • 第一步是完全在家完成的,
  • which consisted of marinating the chicken,grilling the chicken,
  • 其中包括腌制鸡肉,烤鸡,
  • amassing it and preparing it to be transported to the lab.
  • 收集样本以及准备送到实验室。
  • The second stage was completed at the Penn State University main campus lab,
  • 第二步的完成是在宾州大的主校园实验室,
  • which is where I extracted the chemicals,
  • 也就是我提取化学物质的地方,
  • changed the PH so I could run it through the equipment
  • 改变酸碱度,这样我就可以通过设备
  • and separated the compounds I needed from the rest of the chicken.
  • 从其余的鸡肉中分离我所需的成分。
  • The final stages,when I ran the samples through a high-pressure liquid chromatography mass spectrometer,
  • 最后一步是,当我把样本经过高压液相色谱质谱仪,
  • which separated the compounds and analyzed the chemicals
  • 分开混和物质,并且分析其中的化学物质,
  • and told me exactly how much carcinogens I had in my chicken.
  • 于是我能很准确得知道在鸡肉中有多少致癌物。
  • So when I went through the data,I had very surprising results,
  • 当分析数据时,我发现了很惊人的结果,
  • because I found that four out of the five marinating ingredients actually inhibited the carcinogen formation.
  • 因为我发现五种腌制调料中有四种实际上能阻止致癌物的组成 。
  • When compared with the unmarinated chicken,which is what I used as my control,
  • 当同没有经过腌制的鸡肉比较时,也就是我的控制样本,
  • I found that lemon juice worked by far the best,which decreased the carcinogens by about 98 percent.
  • 我发现柠檬汁目前是最有效的,能降低致癌物达98%。
  • The saltwater marinade and the brown sugar marinade also worked very well,
  • 盐水腌制和红糖腌制也同样有效,
  • decreasing the carcinogens by about 60 percent.
  • 能降低致癌物达60%。
  • Olive oil slightly decreased the PhIP formation,but it was nearly negligible.
  • 橄榄油只能轻微的降低PhIP的组成,但是几乎是微不足道的 。
  • And the soy sauce results were inconclusive because of the large data range,
  • 酱油的实验结果还是未知数,这是由于广泛的数据范围,
  • but it seems like soy sauce actually increased the potential carcinogens.
  • 但是看上去,酱油实际上增加了潜在的致癌物。
  • Another important factor that I didn't take into account initially was the time cooked.
  • 另一个我没有事先预计在内的重要因素就是烧烤时间。
  • And I found that if you increase the time cooked,the amount of carcinogens rapidly increases.
  • 我发现如果增加烧烤时间,致癌物将飞速的增长。
  • So the best way to marinate chicken,based on this,is to, not under-cook,
  • 所以最好的腌制方式,根据这些(实验结果)也就是,不要生煮,
  • but definitely don't over-cook and char the chicken,
  • 但是一定不要煮过头和烤过头,
  • and marinate in either lemon juice, brown sugar or saltwater.
  • 用柠檬汁,红糖或者盐水来腌制。
  • Based on these findings, I have a question for you.
  • 根据这些发现,我有个问题想问你们。
  • Would you be willing to make a simple change in your diet that could potentially save your life?
  • 你们会愿意在你的饮食上做个简单的改变,由此可能会拯救你的生命?
  • Now I'm not saying that if you eat grilled chicken that's not marinated,
  • 我并不是说如果你吃没有经过腌制的烤鸡 ,
  • you're definitely going to catch cancer and die.
  • 你就一定会得癌症然后死去。
  • However, anything you can do to decrease the risk of potential carcinogens can definitely increase the quality of lifestyle.
  • 但是,你所做的任何事情来降低潜在致癌物质的几率,一定会增加你生活方式的质量。
  • Is it worth it to you? How will you cook your chicken now?
  • 对你来说,这值得吗? 现在你会怎么做鸡肉呢?


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

演讲简介
2011年,三个女孩包揽了第一届谷歌全球科学展的头奖。在TEDx女性大会上,劳伦·霍奇, 斯里·波色和内奥米·沙阿展示了她们无与伦比的项目--以及她们如何对科学产生了热情。


重点单词   查看全部解释    
factor ['fæktə]

想一想再看

n. 因素,因子
vt. 把 ... 因素包括

联想记忆
liquid ['likwid]

想一想再看

adj. 液体的,液态的
n. 液体

 
response [ri'spɔns]

想一想再看

n. 回答,响应,反应,答复
n. [宗

联想记忆
commitment [kə'mitmənt]

想一想再看

n. 承诺,保证; 确定,实行

联想记忆
inhibited [in'hibitid]

想一想再看

adj. 羞怯的,内向的 动词inhibit的过去式和过

 
potential [pə'tenʃəl]

想一想再看

adj. 可能的,潜在的
n. 潜力,潜能

 
initially [i'niʃəli]

想一想再看

adv. 最初,开头

 
radius ['reidiəs]

想一想再看

n. 半径,桡骨,半径范围,辐射区

联想记忆
inconclusive [.inkən'klu:siv]

想一想再看

adj. 非决定性,不确定的,不得要领的

 
quality ['kwɔliti]

想一想再看

n. 品质,特质,才能
adj. 高品质的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。