您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- Now, of course, we were very interested to find out what are these so-called invasive species that are taking over in the zoo.
- 因此,我们对找出这些所谓的入侵物种很感兴趣,它们主宰着动物园里动物体内的微生物群。
- So we went back to the DNA,
- 所以我们分析了它们的DNA,
- and what the DNA told us is that every monkey in the zoo had become dominated by Bacteroides and Prevotella,
- 发现动物园里的每只猴子的肠道内都被类杆菌和普氏菌所主宰,
- the same microbes that we all have in our guts as modern humans.
- 这些猴子和现代人肠内拥有相同的微生物群。
- We wanted to find a way to visualize this,
- 为找到让这一发现结果可视化的方法,
- and we used some tools from multivariate ecology to put all of the microbiomes we were studying onto an axis.
- 我们使用了一些多元生态学工具,把我们研究的微生物群放在(坐标图的)轴线上。
- And what you're seeing here is a distance plot where every point is a different animal's microbiome.
- 这里你看到的是一个距离图,每个点代表着不同动物的微生物群。
- So every point represents a whole zoo of microbes.
- 所以,每一点也代表了整个动物园的微生物。
- And the microbiomes that have a lot of microbes in common are close to each other.
- 如果不同微生物群中彼此的微生物相似的话,它们在图中的距离就很近。
- The ones that are very different are farther apart.
- 差异很大的微生物群,在图中则离彼此很远。
- So this is showing you that the two groups of wild monkeys are over on the left.
- 这里展示的是:最左边的点代表两组野外的猴子。
- The top left are these highly endangered monkeys called the red-shanked douc in Vietnam.
- 左上方的点是高度濒危的越南猴,叫做白臀叶猴。
- And at the bottom left are monkeys from Costa Rica.
- 左下角的点则是来自哥斯达黎加的猴子。
- So you can see that they have totally different microbiomes in the wild.
- 从图中看出,野外生活的猴子有着完全不同的微生物群。
- And then the same two species of monkey in the zoo are converging,
- 而在动物园里,这两种猴子(的微生物群)正在汇合,
- so their microbiomes change and they become much more similar to each other,
- 它们的微生物群改变了,变得更加相似,
- even though these are zoos on different continents, different geographical regions, and they're eating different diets.
- 尽管它们(猴子)来自不同大洲的动物园、不同的地理区域和不同的饮食。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
在你的肠道中大约有100万亿个微生物——它们保护你免受感染,帮助消化和调节你的免疫系统。随着我们的身体适应现代社会的生活,我们开始失去一些正常的微生物;与此同时,与微生物群落多样性丧失有关的疾病在发达国家迅速增加。计算微生物学家Dan Knights分享了一些有趣的发现,这些发现是关于发展中国家人和美国人的微生物群落的差异,以及它们可能如何影响我们的健康。了解更多关于生活在你体内的微生物的世界——以及正在进行的创造工具来恢复和补充它们的工作。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201810/569150.shtml