And then we're going to ask them to rate a bunch of things including ticklishness.
之后,我们会让试验者给一系列指标打分,也包括痒痒的程度。
I'll show you just one part of our study.
在这里我展示我们实验的其中一部分。
And here I've taken away the robots, but basically people move with their right arm sinusoidally back and forward.
图上没有画那两个机器人,基本上人们的右臂是以类正弦的方式前后移动的。
And we replay that to the other hand with a time delay.
这时候我们把这个移动加上某个时间延迟,在另一只手上重放。
Either no time delay, in which case light would just tickle your palm, or with a time delay of two-tenths of three-tenths of a second.
延迟可以是0,就像直接挠手心一样,也可以是0.1秒、0.2秒、0.3秒这样的延迟。
So the important point here is the right hand always does the same things -- sinusoidal movement.
这里的重点是试验者的右手一直做同样的类正弦动作。
The left hand always is the same and puts sinusoidal tickle.
左手一直在被同样的类正弦动作挠着。
All we're playing with is a tempo causality.
唯一我们改变的就是因与果之间的步调。
And as we go from naught to 0.1 second, it becomes more ticklish.
当我们把延迟从0加到0.1秒的时候,感觉上越来越痒。
As you go from 0.1 to 0.2, it becomes more ticklish at the end.
再从0.1到0.2秒,越到后来越痒。
And by 0.2 of a second, it's equivalently ticklish to the robot that just tickled you without you doing anything.
到了0.2秒的时候发痒的程度已经等同于自己什么也不做,机器人直接来挠的效果了。
So whatever is responsible for this cancellation is extremely tightly coupled with tempo causality.
因此不管是什么造成了自身动作的抵消,一定与因果之间的步调大有联系。
And based on this illustration, we really convinced ourselves in the field that the brain's making precise predictions and subtracting them off from the sensations.