Max: Hello, hello, is this call-in tech support?
马克斯:你好,你好,请问这里是技术售后部吗?
Grace: Yes, my name is Grace and this is the help desk. How can I help you today?
格雷丝:是,我是格雷丝。这里是咨询台。请问,有什么需要帮助的吗?
Max: I’m having a problem with my machine and I don’t know what to do.
马克斯:我的机器出了点问题,我不知道该怎么办。
Grace: Have you tried reading our online troubleshooting guide or asking your question on the support forum?
格雷丝:你有没有看我们的在线故障查找指南,或者在支持论坛上发问。
Max: The what?
马克斯:什么东西?
Grace: Never mind. Can you describe the problem you’re having?
格雷丝:没关系。你能说一下出了什么问题了吗?
Max: It doesn’t work.
马克斯:坏了。
Grace: I understand that. What exactly is the malfunction?
格雷丝:我明白。具体是什么部位坏了呢?
Max: It’s not working.
马克斯:就是坏了。
Grace: For me to diagnose whether it’s a software or hardware problem, I’ll need more information. Unfortunately, I can’t repair it remotely.
格雷丝:如果我要判断是硬件还是软件的问题,我需要更多的信息。很抱歉,我无法进行远程修理。
Max: Okay, I understand.
马克斯:好,我明白。
Grace: Good. We offer all kinds of support, from setup to customization to disaster recovery, but I can’t do anything if I don’t understand the problem.
格雷丝:好,我们提供多种技术支持,从安装、定制到灾难恢复。可是如果我不知道问题出在哪里,我也束手无策。
Max: Okay.
马克斯:没问题。
Grace: Could you walk me through what happens when you turn on the machine?
格雷丝:你能详细解释一下启动机器时发生的问题吗?
Max: Nothing.
马克斯:什么都没有。
Grace: Nothing? Nothing at all?
格雷丝:什么都没有?什么动静都没有?
Max: Zip, zilch, zero.
马克斯:没,没有,一点反应没有。
Grace: Sir, is the machine plugged in?
格雷丝:先生,请问机器插电了吗?
Max: Oh, it needs to be plugged in?
马克斯:哦?还需要插电吗?
Grace: (sigh)
格雷丝:哎......
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载