您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- And reaching success, I always did what I loved.
- 为了成功,我总是做我最喜欢的事。
- But then I got into stuff that I didn't love, like management.
- 但不喜欢的事慢慢接踵而来,像管理。
- I am the world's worst manager, but I figured I should be doing it, because I was, after all, the president of the company.
- 我是世界上最糟糕的管理者,但当时我觉得这就是我该做的,因为我毕竟是公司的老板。
- Well, soon a black cloud formed over my head and here I was, outwardly very successful, but inwardly very depressed.
- 很快地,乌云罩顶,我外表看上去成功,但内心非常消沉。
- But I'm a guy; I knew how to fix it. I bought a fast car.
- 但身为一个男人,我知道该怎么解决。我买了台跑车。
- It didn't help. I was faster but just as depressed.
- 但那没有解决问题。我拥有了速度但仍然消沉。
- So I went to my doctor. I said, "Doc, I can buy anything I want. But I'm not happy. I'm depressed.
- 于是我去看医生,我说:“医生,这世界上没有什么是我要而买不到的,但我很不快乐。
- It's true what they say, and I didn't believe it until it happened to me. But money can't buy happiness."
- 人们说的都是真的,我以前不相信,直到亲身经历,金钱是买不到快乐的。”
- He said, "No. But it can buy Prozac."
- 他回答:“但可以买到百忧解。”
- And he put me on anti-depressants.
- 于是他让我吃抗忧郁药。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
Richard St. John再次用他率直的口吻提醒我们:成功不是一条单行道,而是一条绵延的长路。他以自己公司几年来的变迁作为范例,教我们珍贵的一课:当我们不再继续努力,我们就会失败。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201806/555132.shtml