您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科技篇 >
正文
- Now that last mile, last foot, in a sense, is the first step of the infrastructure.
- 现在想想这最后一英里,最后一步,在某种意义上,是迈向基础设施的第一步。
- The second step of the infrastructure needs to take care of the range extension.
- 基础设施的第二步便是解决扩大范围的需要。
- See we're bound by today's technology on batteries,
- 我们被现有的电池技术限制,
- which is about 120 miles if you want to stay within reasonable space and weight limitations.
- 在适当的空间和重量限制范围之内,汽车只能行驶大概120英里左右。
- 120 miles is a good enough range for a lot of people. But you never want to get stuck.
- 对大部分人来说,120英里已经是一个足够的范围。可是,没有人愿意被现有的限制束缚。
- So what we added is a second element to our network, which is a battery swap system.
- 因此,我们为我们的网络添加了第二个成分,这便是一个电池交换系统。
- You drive. You take your depleted battery out. A full battery comes on. And you drive on.
- 你驾驶。你把已耗尽的电池取出。换上一个全新的电池,你继续你的旅程。
- You don't do it as a human being. You do it as a machine.
- 这并不是体力劳动。这是全自动模式。
- It looks like a car wash. You come into your car wash.
- 这跟自动洗车一样。你把车开入自动洗车系统。
- And a plate comes up, holds your battery, takes it out, puts it back in,
- 一个钢板将你的电池取出,换进一个新的电池,
- and within two minutes you're back on the road and you can go again.
- 两分种之内,你便可以上路,继续你的旅程。
- If you had charge spots everywhere, and you had battery swap stations everywhere, how often would you do it?
- 如果任何地方都有充电站,任何地方都有电池替换系统,你会多久换一次电池,充一次电?
- And it ends up that you'd do swapping less times than you stop at a gas station.
- 其实这样下来,你换电池的频率比你加油的频率要低。
- As a matter of fact, we added to the contract.
- 我们甚至把这个事实加入到我们的合同里。
- We said that if you stop to swap your battery more than 50 times a year we start paying you money because it's an inconvenience.
- 我们规定如果你一年停车替换电池多于50次,我们会补偿你,因为这样停车换电池非常不方便。
- Then we looked at the question of the affordability.
- 然后我们审查了消费者能否负担的问题。
- We looked at the question, what happens when the battery is disconnected from the car.
- 当电池与汽车分离,不再是车的一部分会怎么样呢。
- What is the cost of that battery? Everybody tells us batteries are so expensive.
- 电池究竟是花多少钱?别人都告诉我们电池很贵。
- What we found out, when you move from molecules to electrons, something interesting happens.
- 我们发现,当你从分子过渡到电子,有趣的事情便由此产生了。
- We can go back to the original economics of the car and look at it again.
- 我们再回到最原有的汽车经济原理,重新考量。
- The battery is not the gas tank, in a sense. Remember in your car you have a gas tank.
- 电池,在某种程度上,跟油箱不一样。还记得你的汽车里有一个油箱。
- You have the crude oil. And you have refining and delivery of that crude oil as what we call petrol or gasoline.
- 你有原油。把原油加工,运输,便成了我们现有的汽油。
- The battery in this sense, is the crude oil. We have a battery bay.
- 电池,从这个角度看,就像原油。我们有电池海湾。
- It costs the same hundred dollars as the gas tank.
- 费用大概是几百美元,跟油箱一样。
- But the crude oil is replaced with a battery. Just it doesn't burn.
- 但是原油被电池取代。电池不会燃烧。
- It consumes itself step after step after step.
- 它只会耗损自己,一步接一步。
- It has 2,000 life cycles these days. And so it's sort of a mini well.
- 现有电池有大概2000个寿命循环。就像一个小型的油井。
- We were asked in the past when we bought an electric car to pay for the entire well, for the life of the car.
- 过往当我们决定买一辆电力车,我们必须付那口井的全部费用。
- Nobody wants to buy a mini well when they buy a car. In a sense what we've done is we've created a new consumable.
- 买车的时候,没有任何人想购入一口小型井。在某种程度上,我们创造了一个新的消费品。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
忘记混合动力车,Shai Agassi说如果我们要真的改变排放量,我们得选择电力车。他的公司,Better Place,为我们带来一个激进的计划,一个可以让不同国家在2020年完全摆脱石油的计划。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201804/550904.shtml