您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- You pump it at a high pressure through a nozzle. You create a spray of detergent.
- 你用高压将它压过一个喷嘴,你制造了清洁剂喷雾。
- Then the spray dries. It turns into powder. It falls to the floor.
- 喷雾干燥后就成了粉末,掉在地板上。
- You scoop it up. You put it in cardboard boxes. You sell it at a supermarket.You make lots of money.
- 你将它铲起,放入一个纸板盒子里。你到超市去卖。你可以赚好多钱。
- How do you design that nozzle? It turns out to be very important.
- 你怎么设计喷嘴,结果这个很重要。
- Now if you ascribe to the God complex, what you do is you find yourself a little God.
- 如果你倾向于用万能神力来解决这个问题。
- You find yourself a mathematician; you find yourself a physicist -- somebody who understands the dynamics of this fluid.
- 你会觉得自己是个小上帝,你会发现自己是个数学家,物理学家,是一个懂得液体动态的专家。
- And he will, or she will, calculate the optimal design of the nozzle.
- 他或者她会计算管口的最佳设计方案。
- Now Unilever did this and it didn't work -- too complicated. Even this problem, too complicated.
- 联合利华这么做了,但是失败了,太复杂了。即使是这样的问题,也太复杂了。
- But the geneticist Professor Steve Jones describes how Unilever actually did solve this problem -- trial and error, variation and selection.
- 但是遗传学家史蒂文琼斯教授,讲述了联合利华其实是怎样解决这个问题的——试验和失败,改变和选择。
- You take a nozzle and you create 10 random variations on the nozzle.
- 你拿一个管口,你随机地做出10个不同的管口。
- You try out all 10; you keep the one that works best.
- 你测试这10个管口,你把最好的那个保留下来。
- You create 10 variations on that one. You try out all 10. You keep the one that works best.
- 你再拿这个做基础再做10个不同的管口,你测试这10个,你把最好的保留下来。
- You try out 10 variations on that one. You see how this works, right?
- 你再这个基础上测试10个,你知道这是怎么做出来的了吧?
- And after 45 generations, you have this incredible nozzle.
- 经过45轮测试后,你们就得到了这个很好的喷嘴管口。
- It looks a bit like a chess piece -- functions absolutely brilliantly.
- 这个看上去有点象国际象棋棋子——工作起来绝对高效。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
经济作家提姆·哈福德研究复杂的系统,他在成功的事例中发现了意想不到的链接:它们都经历了试验和不断排除错误的过程。 在这个精彩的TEDGlobal 2011 演讲中,他呼吁我们接纳随机性并开始学会犯些有益的错误。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201804/550536.shtml