您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- And it wasn't because of my attending; he was a doll.
- 而这也不是因为我的主治;他人非常好。
- He talked to the family, and I'm quite sure that he smoothed things over and made sure that I didn't get sued.
- 他和那家人好好的谈过。我确定他为了确保我没有被控告而替我打了圆场。
- And I kept asking myself these questions. Why didn't I ask my attending?
- 但我仍然不断问我自己这些问题:为什么当时我没有联系我的主治?
- Why did I send her home? And then at my worst moments: Why did I make such a stupid mistake?
- 为什么我当时会让她回家? 更加沮丧时,我会问: 我为什么会犯下如此愚蠢的错误?
- Why did I go into medicine? Slowly but surely, it lifted.
- 为什么我会选择进入医学界?慢慢的但稳定地,那糟糕的感觉开始淡化了。
- I began to feel a bit better.
- 我开始觉得缓和了些。
- And on a cloudy day, there was a crack in the clouds and the sun started to come out and I wondered, maybe I could feel better again.
- 然后在一个阴云密布的日子里,当我看到一束阳光从云隙中探出,我觉得,或许我能再次感觉好起来。
- And I made myself a bargain that if only I redouble my efforts to be perfect and never make another mistake again, please make the voices stop.
- 然后我和自己做了一个约定:如果我加倍努力做到完美,不再犯错,请就此让那自责的声音消去。
- And they did. And I went back to work. And then it happened again.
- 那个声音的确停止了。我回到了工作岗位。但错误又发生了。
- Two years later I was an attending in the emergency department at a community hospital just north of Toronto,
- 两年后,当我在一家多伦多北部一间社区医院的急症室做主治医生时,
- and I saw a 25 year-old man with a sore throat.
- 我看了一位喉咙酸痛的25岁的男人。
- It was busy, I was in a bit of a hurry. He kept pointing here.
- 当时诊所很忙,所以我也有些急。他不停的指着这里。
- I looked at his throat, it was a little bit pink.
- 我看了看,他的喉咙有些红肿。
- And I gave him a prescription for penicillin and sent him on his way.
- 我给他开了盘尼西林的处方后 便让他离开了。
- And even as he was walking out the door, he was still sort of pointing to his throat.
- 即便当他走出诊所的大门的时候,他似乎还在指着他的喉咙。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
每个医生都会犯错。但是,医师布莱恩·高德曼提道,医学界的否认(和耻感)文化让医生们无法诉说他们曾经犯过的错误,以至于无法从错误中学习与进步。从讲述自己的故事开始,他号召医生们开始谈论他们曾经犯过的错误。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201804/548799.shtml