您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- So I signed the discharge papers, and an ambulance came, paramedics came to take her home.
- 我在出院单上签了名, 一辆救护车来后急救人员将她送回了家。
- And I went back to my work on the wards.
- 之后我回到了我在诊所的工作。
- All the rest of that day, that afternoon, I had this kind of gnawing feeling inside my stomach.
- 在接下来的一天中, 那天下午, 我的肠胃有着一种翻滚的感觉。
- But I carried on with my work.
- 但我还是照常的继续工作。
- And at the end of the day, I packed up to leave the hospital and walked to the parking lot to take my car
- 在工作结束后,我整理了下便离开了医院。
- and drive home when I did something that I don't usually do.
- 在我走向停车场去取我的车的路程中,做了一件我平常不会做的事情。
- I walked through the emergency department on my way home.
- 我从急诊室借了道。
- And it was there that another nurse, not the nurse who was looking after Mrs. Drucker before, but another nurse, said three words to me
- 而就在那里,另外一位护士,不是之前照顾Drucker女士的那位,对我说了
- that are the three words that most emergency physicians I know dread.
- 绝大部分急诊医生都害怕听到的三个字。
- Others in medicine dread them as well, but there's something particular about emergency medicine because we see patients so fleetingly.
- 其他科系的医生也害怕这三个字, 但因为急诊医生看的病人都来去匆匆, 这三个字对我们有着特别的意义。
- The three words are: Do you remember?
- 这三个字是: 记得吗?
- "Do you remember that patient you sent home?"
- “记得吗?你送回家的那个患者?”
- The other nurse asked matter-of-factly.
- 那位护士就事论事的问道。
- "Well she's back," in just that tone of voice.
- “她又回来了。” 她就用了这样平常的语调。
- Well she was back all right.
- 她的确回来了。
- She was back and near death.
- 回来时已经濒临死亡。
- About an hour after she had arrived home, after I'd sent her home,
- 在我让她回家后大约一个小时后,
- she collapsed and her family called 911 and the paramedics brought her back to the emergency department
- 她昏倒在了地上,她的家人打了911, 急救人员将她重新带回了急诊室。
- where she had a blood pressure of 50, which is in severe shock.
- 此时的她已严重休克, 血压只有 50。
- And she was barely breathing and she was blue.
- 她的呼吸极其微弱,面色发青。
- And the emerg. staff pulled out all the stops.
- 急救人员们使出了浑身解数。
- They gave her medications to raise her blood pressure.
- 他们给了她提升血压的药物。
- They put her on a ventilator.
- 并将她连接上了人工呼吸器。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
每个医生都会犯错。但是,医师布莱恩·高德曼提道,医学界的否认(和耻感)文化让医生们无法诉说他们曾经犯过的错误,以至于无法从错误中学习与进步。从讲述自己的故事开始,他号召医生们开始谈论他们曾经犯过的错误。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201804/548668.shtml