手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之设计篇 > 正文

TED演讲(视频+MP3+双语字幕):创意隐藏在哪里(2)

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Now in the nature area, we look at whether or not we are innately equipped with something,
  • 在天份的方面,我们必须要检视我们是否生来就有这天赋,
  • perhaps in our brains, some abnormal chromosome that causes this muse-like effect.
  • 或者在我们的大脑里,是否有些一些不正常的染色体带来了这些像是灵感的效应。
  • And some people would say that we're born with it in some other means.
  • 有些人会用别的方法说这是我们与生俱来的。
  • And others, like my mother, would say that I get my material from past lives.
  • 还有一些人,像我的母亲,会说我是从前世里找到这些写作材料的。
  • Some people would also say that creativity may be a function of some other neurological quirk -- van Gogh syndrome
  • 有些人会说创作力是一种精神异常的副作用--类似梵高症候群,
  • that you have a little bit of, you know, psychosis, or depression.
  • 就是你有一点精神失常,或是忧郁症。
  • I do have to say, somebody -- I read recently that van Gogh wasn't really necessarily psychotic,
  • 但我必须告诉这些人--最近我才读到梵高其实不一定是精神病患,
  • that he might have had temporal lobe seizures, and that might have caused his spurt of creativity,
  • 而更可能得了一种颞叶癫痫症,造成了他这种突然性的创作力,
  • and I don't -- I suppose it does something in some part of your brain.
  • 我想那的确会影响你一部分的大脑。
  • And I will mention that I actually developed temporal lobe seizures a number of years ago,
  • 我也必须提到,事实上数年前我也有过这种颞叶癫痫,
  • but it was during the time I was writing my last book, and some people say that book is quite different.
  • 那时我正在写我的上一本书,有些人说那本书很不同。
  • I think that part of it also begins with a sense of identity crisis:
  • 还有一部分是从身份危机开始的:
  • you know, who am I, why am I this particular person, why am I not black like everybody else?
  • 我是谁,为什么我是这个我,为什么我不像别人一样是黑人?
  • And sometimes you're equipped with skills, but they may not be the kind of skills that enable creativity.
  • 有时候,你装备着那些技能,但它们可能不是一些能带来创造力的技能。
  • I used to draw. I thought I would be an artist. And I had a miniature poodle.
  • 我以前还会画画。我曾以为我会成为一个画家。这是我画的迷你贵宾狗。
  • And it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really creative.
  • 似乎还不坏,但实在算不上什么创意。
  • Because all I could really do was represent in a very one-on-one way.
  • 因为我所能做的不过是把它们一个个画下来。
  • And I have a sense that I probably copied this from a book.
  • 而且我很有可能还是从一本书上抄绘下来的。
  • And then, I also wasn't really shining in a certain area that I wanted to be,
  • 但是我在我真正想要的地方又似乎表现的不是太出色,
  • and you know, you look at those scores, and it wasn't bad,
  • 你知道,你看着那些成绩,是不很差,
  • but it was not certainly predictive that I would one day make my living out of the artful arrangement of words.
  • 但也绝不可能让我预测到有天我竟然能用写作来谋生。


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Now in the nature area, we look at whether or not we are innately equipped with something,

在天份的方面,我们必须要检视我们是否生来就有这天赋,
perhaps in our brains, some abnormal chromosome that causes this muse-like effect.
或者在我们的大脑里,是否有些一些不正常的染色体带来了这些像是灵感的效应。
And some people would say that we're born with it in some other means.
有些人会用别的方法说这是我们与生俱来的。
And others, like my mother, would say that I get my material from past lives.
还有一些人,像我的母亲,会说我是从前世里找到这些写作材料的。
Some people would also say that creativity may be a function of some other neurological quirk -- van Gogh syndrome
有些人会说创作力是一种精神异常的副作用--类似梵高症候群,
that you have a little bit of, you know, psychosis, or depression.
就是你有一点精神失常,或是忧郁症。
I do have to say, somebody -- I read recently that van Gogh wasn't really necessarily psychotic,
但我必须告诉这些人--最近我才读到梵高其实不一定是精神病患,
that he might have had temporal lobe seizures, and that might have caused his spurt of creativity,
而更可能得了一种颞叶癫痫症,造成了他这种突然性的创作力,
and I don't -- I suppose it does something in some part of your brain.
我想那的确会影响你一部分的大脑。

创意隐藏在哪里

And I will mention that I actually developed temporal lobe seizures a number of years ago,

我也必须提到,事实上数年前我也有过这种颞叶癫痫,
but it was during the time I was writing my last book, and some people say that book is quite different.
那时我正在写我的上一本书,有些人说那本书很不同。
I think that part of it also begins with a sense of identity crisis:
还有一部分是从身份危机开始的:
you know, who am I, why am I this particular person, why am I not black like everybody else?
我是谁,为什么我是这个我,为什么我不像别人一样是黑人?
And sometimes you're equipped with skills, but they may not be the kind of skills that enable creativity.
有时候,你装备着那些技能,但它们可能不是一些能带来创造力的技能。
I used to draw. I thought I would be an artist. And I had a miniature poodle.
我以前还会画画。我曾以为我会成为一个画家。这是我画的迷你贵宾狗。
And it wasn't bad, but it wasn't really creative.
似乎还不坏,但实在算不上什么创意。
Because all I could really do was represent in a very one-on-one way.
因为我所能做的不过是把它们一个个画下来。
And I have a sense that I probably copied this from a book.
而且我很有可能还是从一本书上抄绘下来的。
And then, I also wasn't really shining in a certain area that I wanted to be,
但是我在我真正想要的地方又似乎表现的不是太出色,
and you know, you look at those scores, and it wasn't bad,
你知道,你看着那些成绩,是不很差,
but it was not certainly predictive that I would one day make my living out of the artful arrangement of words.
但也绝不可能让我预测到有天我竟然能用写作来谋生。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
arrangement [ə'reindʒmənt]

想一想再看

n. 安排,商议,整理,布置,商定,[音]改编,改编曲

联想记忆
predictive [pri'diktiv]

想一想再看

adj. 预言的,预兆的

 
particular [pə'tikjulə]

想一想再看

adj. 特殊的,特别的,特定的,挑剔的
n.

联想记忆
identity [ai'dentiti]

想一想再看

n. 身份,一致,特征

 
syndrome ['sindrəum]

想一想再看

n. 综合症,典型表现

联想记忆
function ['fʌŋkʃən]

想一想再看

n. 功能,函数,职务,重大聚会
vi. 运行

 
psychotic [sai'kɔtik]

想一想再看

adj. 精神病的 n. 精神病患者

联想记忆
depression [di'preʃən]

想一想再看

n. 沮丧,萧条

联想记忆
psychosis [sai'kəusis]

想一想再看

n. 精神病,精神不正常

 
creativity [.kri:ei'tiviti]

想一想再看

n. 创造力,创造

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。