您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- I have a friend, proposed to his sweetie. He was an economically rational person.
- 我有个朋友,向他女友求婚。他是个会过日子的人。
- He said to his sweetie, "Let us marry. Let us merge our interests."
- 他对他女友说,“咱们结婚吧。让咱们融合利益。”
- Yes, he did. "I love you truly," he said.
- 是的,他这么说的。“我真心爱你,”他说,
- "I love you deeply. I love you more than any other woman I've ever encountered.
- “我深深爱着你。我爱你胜过其他任何女人。
- I love you more than Mary, Jane, Susie, Penelope, Ingrid, Gertrude, Gretel -- I was on a German exchange program then.
- 我爱你胜过Mary,Jane,Susie,Penelope,Ingrid,Gertrude,Gretel--我那时候在一个德国的交换项目里。”
- I love you more than --" All right. She left the room halfway through his enumeration of his love for her.
- “我爱你胜过...” 好的!她在他列举到一半的时候离开了房间。
- After he got over his surprise at being, you know, turned down, he concluded he'd had a narrow escape from marrying an irrational person.
- 在他从被拒绝的惊讶中缓过来之后,他总结了他刚刚成功逃离和一个不理性的人结婚的厄运。
- Although, he did make a note to himself that the next time he proposed,
- 虽然他也对自己说,下次求婚的时候,
- it was perhaps not necessary to enumerate all of the women he had auditioned for the part.
- 不必要列举所有过往的女朋友。
- But the point stands. You must look for alternatives so that you find your destiny, or are you afraid of the word "destiny"?
- 但是这个论点是成立的。你必须寻找各种选择,才能找到命中注定的那个,或者你害怕“命中注定”这个词么?
- Does the word "destiny" scare you? That's what we're talking about.
- “命中注定”这个词吓着你么?这就是我们要谈的。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
在这个风趣直率的演讲中,Larry Smith告诉你人们不去追求梦想的种种借口。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201802/541376.shtml