您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之商业篇 >
正文
- In between these low-paying retail jobs, I did what any normal teenager did in the 1990s.
- 在这些薪水低廉的销售工作中,我做了90年代每一个正常的青少年都会做的事。
- I shoplifted. I'm just kidding. I hung out with my friends at the mall.
- 我偷东西了。我开玩笑的。我和我的朋友在商场里逛。
- Everyone's like, "Oh my God, what kind of talk is this?"
- 你们可能觉得,“我的天呐,这是什么演讲啊?”
- Hanging out at the mall could be fun, but it could be really lame, too,
- 逛商场可能会很愉快,但是也可能很没品,
- like sharing a cigarette with a 40-year-old unemployed mall rat
- 比如和40岁的无业游民分享一根香烟,
- who has put on black lipstick for the night while you're on your break from your crappy minimum wage job.
- 而他昨天晚上还涂了黑色口红,而那时候你刚从最低工资的工作中歇口气。
- As I stand here today, Owings Mills has been gutted and it's ready for the wrecking ball.
- 今天我站在这里的时候,奥因斯米尔斯已经被彻底清空,拆迁的大锤已经准备好了。
- The last time I was there, it was in the evening, and it was about three days before they closed the mall for good.
- 我最后一次去那里的时候是个傍晚,大概是他们关闭商场的三天前。
- And you kind of felt -- they never announced the mall was closing,
- 你感觉好像--商场倒闭的消息从未公开,
- but you had this sort of feeling, this ominous feeling, that something big was going to happen, like it was the end of the road.
- 但你就是有这种感觉,这种不祥的预感,有什么事要发生了,就像一条路走到了尽头。
- It was a very creepy walk through the mall. Let me show you.
- 我在商场里走过了一段非常可怕的路。我给你们看一下。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
一座商场走向毁灭后会发生什么?电影制作人丹·贝尔带我们走进被废弃的商业建筑,极其幽默而诗意地向我们描述了衰颓中的消费主义、年轻文化和给我们的启发。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201801/538700.shtml