您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语视频听力 >
纪录片 >
《费马大定理》纪录片 >
正文
- I was convinced that I had Fermat in my hands
- 我确信费马难题已尽在掌握中,
- and there was a conference in Cambridge organised by my advisor, John Coates.
- 那时在剑桥大学有一个由我的导师约翰·科茨组织的研讨会。
- I thought that would be a wonderful place.
- 我认为那儿会是个理想的地方。
- It's my old home town, I'd been a graduate student there,
- 那是我的故乡,我曾是那儿的研究生,
- be a wonderful place to talk about it if I could get it in good shape.
- 如果我可将证明整理好,那儿将会是谈论它的理想的地方。
- The name of the lectures that he announced was simply 'Elliptic curves and modular forms'.
- 他所做的讲座的名称只简单地为'椭圆曲线和模形式'。
- There was no mention of Fermat's last theorem.
- 没有提到费马的最后定理。
- Well I was at this conference on L functions and elliptic curves
- 我坐在这个以L-函数和椭圆曲线为主的研讨会之中,
- and it was kind of a standard conference and all of the people were there,
- 它只是种标准研讨会,所有的人都在,
- didn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary,
- 看起来没什么特别之处
- until people started telling me that they'd been hearing weird rumours about ANDREW WILES's proposed series of lectures.
- 直到人们开始告诉我,他们听到奇怪的传言,是关于安德鲁·怀尔斯要做的讲座系列。
- I started talking to people and I got more and more precise information. I've no idea how it was spread.
- 我开始和大家交谈,得到了越来越多的准确信息。不清楚是怎么散布开的。
- Not from me, not from me.
- 不是来自我,不是来自我。
- Whenever any piece of mathematical news had been in the air,
- 有任何只言片语的数学方面的消息出现时,
- Peter would say oh that's nothing, wait until you hear the big news, there's something big going to break.
- 彼得就会说,哦,那没什么,等听到重大消息吧,会有大事情发生。
- Maybe some hints, yeah.
- 也许有些暗示,是的。
- People would ask me leading up to my lectures what exactly I was going to say and I said well, come to my lecture and see.
- 人们会问,对于我的那些讲座,我究竟要说些什么,我说,来听我的讲座了解吧。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练