您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语视频听力 >
纪录片 >
《费马大定理》纪录片 >
正文
- But there was still a problem.
- 但仍存有一个问题。
- Late in the spring of '93 I was in this very awkward position
- 93年的暮春时分,我处于一个非常尴尬的境地,
- and I thought I'd got most of the curves to be modular,
- 我认为我已将大多数的曲线化为模形式,
- so that was nearly enough to be content to have Fermat's last theorem,
- 那对于证明费马最后定理来说已几近足够,
- but there was this, these few families of elliptic curves that had escaped the net.
- 但情况是,有少数椭圆曲线族仍无法纳入证明体系。
- I was sitting here at my desk in May of '93, still wondering about this problem,
- 93年的5月,我就坐在书桌这儿,仍在考虑这个难题,
- and I was casually glancing at a paper of Barry Mazur's
- 而我无意间瞥见了巴里·梅休尔的一篇论文,
- and there was just one sentence which made a reference to actually what's a 19th-century construction
- 其中只有一句话提及的实为19世纪时期的一个结构,
- and I just instantly realised that there was a trick that I could use,
- 我当即意识到其中有个技巧我可以用上,
- that I could switch from the families of elliptic curves I'd been using.
- 我可以将我正在使用的椭圆曲线族进行转换
- I'd been studying them using the prime three, I could switch and study them using the prime five.
- 以前是在用质数3来研究它们,我可以进行转换,用质数5来研究它们。
- It looked more complicated, but I could switch from these awkward curves that I couldn't prove were modular,
- 看起来是更复杂了,但我可以对这些棘手的我还不能证明其为模形式的曲线进行转换
- to a different set of curves which I'd already proved were modular
- 转为我已证明为模形式的另一种曲线族,
- and use that information to just go that one last step.
- 而且利用那信息来迈出最后一步。
- And I just kept working out the details, time went by and I forgot to go down to lunch.
- 我一直在钻研细节,时间过去了,我忘记了下楼吃午饭。
- It got to about teatime, I went down and Nada was very surprised that I'd arrived so late
- 到了下午茶时间,我下楼来,娜达非常惊讶我来得这么晚,
- and then I told her that I, I believed I'd solved Fermat's last theorem.
- 于是我告诉她,我相信我已经破解了费马最后定理。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练