adj. 贵重的,有价值的
n. (pl.)贵
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之科技篇 > 正文
- It's as though we stand before two doors. Behind door number one, we stop making progress in building intelligent machines.
- 我们就像站在了两扇门前。在第一扇门后面,我们停下打造智能机器的脚步。
- Our computer hardware and software just stops getting better for some reason.
- 某些原因也使我们停止了对电脑软件和硬件的升级。
- Now take a moment to consider why this might happen.
- 现在让我们想一下为什么会这样。
- I mean, given how valuable intelligence and automation are, we will continue to improve our technology if we are at all able to.
- 我的意思是,当我们认识到智能和自动化不可估量的价值时,我们总会竭尽所能的改善这些科技。
- What could stop us from doing this? A full-scale nuclear war? A global pandemic? An asteroid impact?
- 那么,什么会使我们停下脚步呢?一场大规模的核战争?一次全球性的瘟疫?一个小行星撞击了地球?
- Justin Bieber becoming president of the United States?
- 或者是贾斯汀·比伯成为了美国总统?
- The point is, something would have to destroy civilization as we know it.
- 重点是,总有一个事物会摧毁人类现有的文明。
- You have to imagine how bad it would have to be to prevent us from making improvements in our technology permanently, generation after generation.
- 你需要思考这个灾难究竟有多恐怖,才会永久性地阻止我们发展科技,永久性的。
- Almost by definition, this is the worst thing that's ever happened in human history.
- 光想想它,就觉得这将是人类历史上能发生的最惨绝人寰的事了。
- So the only alternative, and this is what lies behind door number two,
- 那么,我们唯一剩下的选择,就藏在第二扇门的后面,
- is that we continue to improve our intelligent machines year after year after year.
- 那就是我们持续改进我们的智能机器,永不停歇。
- At a certain point, we will build machines that are smarter than we are,
- 在将来的某一天,我们会造出比我们更聪明的机器,
- and once we have machines that are smarter than we are, they will begin to improve themselves.
- 一旦我们有了比我们更聪明的机器,它们将进行自我改进。
- And then we risk what the mathematician IJ Good called an "intelligence explosion," that the process could get away from us.
- 然后我们就会承担着数学家IJ Good所说的“智能爆炸”的风险,(科技进步的)进程将不再受我们的控制。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: