n. (水、气、电)流,趋势
adj. 流通的
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之教育篇 > 正文
- Now let's do a little quick math.
- 现在让我们迅速算一算。
- If we compare a major cinematic film produced on a 2.35 to 1 aspect frame with my standard 4 to 3 TV screen,
- 比较一下2.35:1的银幕电影和4:3的标准电视屏幕,
- we find out that only 55% of the movie can actually fit on the screen at any one time.
- 我们就能发现,只有55%的电影,每一幕都可以完整地搬上屏幕。
- Just over half!
- 只有一半多一点!
- You've seen the disclaimer at the beginning of the movie on TV or DVD that says
- 电视或DVD里的电影开始前,都有一条免责声明说
- "this film has been modified from its original format to fit on your TV screen."
- “这部电影的内容,已经修改为适合电视荧屏播出的尺寸。”
- Well, what it should say is "we are only displaying 55% of the movie of our choosing."
- 其实,它该说的是“我们只展示了选出的55%的电影画面。”
- Now for all the full-screen TV lovers, this is your dilemma:
- 对所有热爱全屏电视的人来说,这是个进退两难的局面:
- do you want to see all the movie, or is 55% good enough? How about new TVs?
- 你想看电影的所有,还是质量好的55%那部分?那换个新电视机呢?
- Around the start of the century, some widescreen TVs emerged in a 16 to 9, or 1.78 times wider than it is tall.
- 本世纪初,有些宽屏电视采用了16:9,也就是1.78:1的长宽比,
- Well, this screen fits the movie a little better, but still only shows 75% of the original movie at one time.
- 这样的屏幕与电影稍微匹配了一些,但也只适合75%的原版电影。
- Suppose someone made a TV for your living room that was actually 2.35 to 1 to show those full movies?
- 如果有人在客厅装了2.35:1的电视来放原版电影呢?
- Well, the TV with the same height as the most current 50-inch TVs - that TV would be close to six feet long.
- 如果这电视的宽度和一般电视一样有50英寸(127cm),那它的长度就要达到6英尺(1.83m)。
- And on top of that, you'd only use the full screen when you watched movies.
- 关键是,你只有看电影时,才需要这么大的全屏。
- Most of the other content would have to be stretched, or have empty space on the sides of the screen.
- 而其他画面要么会被拉伸,要么会让屏幕边缘留下黑边。
- Of course, there is one more option.
- 当然,还有一个选择。
- We can just shrink the movie screen proportionally, to fit the width of your home television.
- 我们可以按比例缩小电影画面来与电视屏幕相匹配。
- Now we can mathematically scale the original to fit exactly the width of the screen and this'll preserve the entire movie screen,
- 我们能给电影算出正好适合屏幕的长宽比,并保留电影的全部画面,
- but show the infamous black bars along the top and bottom that so many television watchers abhor.
- 但画面上下会出现难看的黑条,很不受电视观众待见。
- Of course, now you can argue that we're only using 75% of that screen.
- 当然,你也可以说现在我们只用了屏幕的75%。
- And that is where the real question is: do you want your full screen, or do you want to see the entire movie?
- 这才是真正的问题:你想充分利用屏幕的每一寸,还是看到完整的电影画面?
- Most likely, you just need a bigger TV.
- 最有可能的是,你需要买一台更大的电视。

手机扫描二维码查看全部内容

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: