您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之商业篇 >
正文
- How much do you get paid? Don't answer that out loud.
- 你的工资是多少?先别说出来。
- But put a number in your head.
- 在脑子里想一下。
- Now: How much do you think the person sitting next to you gets paid? Again, don't answer out loud.
- 现在想想:你觉得邻座的工资是多少?也别说出来。
- At work, how much do you think the person sitting in the cubicle or the desk next to you gets paid? Do you know? Should you know?
- 你觉得办公室里坐在旁边的同事的工资又是多少?你知道吗?你应该知道吗?
- Notice, it's a little uncomfortable for me to even ask you those questions.
- 问这些问题连我都觉得不太自在。
- But admit it -- you kind of want to know.
- 但是承认吧--你有点想知道答案。
- Most of us are uncomfortable with the idea of broadcasting our salary.
- 我们大多数人都不想告诉别人自己的工资。
- We're not supposed to tell our neighbors, and we're definitely not supposed to tell our office neighbors.
- 我们不想把工资告诉邻居,也绝对不想告诉办公室的同事。
- The assumed reason is that if everybody knew what everybody got paid, then all hell would break loose.
- 可能如果大家都知道别人的工资,就要天下大乱了。
- There'd be arguments, there'd be fights, there might even be a few people who quit.
- 可能会出现争吵,打架,甚至会有人辞职。
- But what if secrecy is actually the reason for all that strife?
- 但如果这个秘密恰恰就是冲突的起因呢?
- And what would happen if we removed that secrecy?
- 如果我们揭开这个秘密会发生什么呢?
- What if openness actually increased the sense of fairness and collaboration inside a company?
- 公开薪资能不能增进公司内部的合作,还有公平感呢?
- What would happen if we had total pay transparency?
- 如果完全公开薪资信息,那会发生什么呢?
- For the past several years, I've been studying the corporate and entrepreneurial leaders
- 过去的几年里,我一直在研究那些
- who question the conventional wisdom about how to run a company.
- 质疑传统经营理念的企业家和创业者。
- And the question of pay keeps coming up. And the answers keep surprising.
- 而薪资待遇的问题不断浮出水面。答案也在不断挑战传统观念。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
很多人都觉得应该对工资保密,不告诉任何人,特别是同事。认为这是导致争吵的原因。但演讲者David Burkus则认为,工资保密才是导致争吵的根源。他认为应该公开工资,这样才能创造一个更好的工作环境。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201709/526766.shtml