n. 严肃,认真
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之科技篇 > 正文
- So how can we slow the head down?
- 那我们该如何减缓头部的向下移动?
- A gigantic helmet. So with more space, you have more time, and this is a bit of a joke, but some of you may have seen this.
- 可以佩戴巨型头盔。空间变大,缓冲时间就会变长,当然这是个玩笑,虽然你们有人可能见过这个。
- This is bubble soccer, and it's a real sport.
- 这是泡泡足球,而且它真是一项运动。
- In fact, I saw some young adults playing this sport down the street from my house the other day,
- 事实上,前几天,我就在我家附近的街上看到一些年轻人在玩儿它,
- and as far as I know there have been no reported concussions.
- 据我所知,没有这种运动中发生脑震荡的报道
- But in all seriousness, this principle does work, but this has gone too far.
- 但严肃地说,这一原则确实有效,但它有点过头儿了。
- This isn't something that's practical for bike riding or playing football.
- 毕竟对于自行车和橄榄球运动来讲,这不大现实。
- And so we are collaborating with a company in Sweden called Hovding.
- 目前,我们正和瑞典Hovding公司合作。
- Some of you may have seen their work, and they're using the same principle of air to give you some extra space to prevent concussion.
- 可能有人见过它,它实际上运用了同一项原则,利用空气提供更多空间,从而预防脑震荡。
- Kids, don't try this at home please. This stuntman does not have a helmet.
- 小孩子请勿在家尝试,这个特技演员没有戴头盔。
- He instead has a neck collar, and this neck collar has sensors in it, the same type of sensors that are in our mouthguard,
- 而是戴了一个颈环,这个颈环内置传感器,这些传感器和我们的牙套中的传感器同属一个类型,
- and it detects when he's likely to have a fall, and there's an airbag that explodes and triggers,
- 当骑行者要摔倒时,它可以感测到并且弹出安全气囊,
- the same way that an airbag works in your car, essentially.
- 这一引发机制和汽车中的基本一致。
- And in the experiments we've done in my lab with their device,
- 我的实验室对这一设备进行了一系列实验,
- we found that it can greatly reduce the risk of concussion in some scenarios compared to a normal bicycle helmet.
- 我们发现与普通自行车头盔相比,这一设备在一些情境下可以大幅降低脑震荡风险。
- So it's a pretty exciting development.
- 这是个很令人激动的新发展。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: