v. 预防,防止
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之科技篇 > 正文
- Now, the way that we're approaching this problem to try to understand the mechanisms of concussion
- 当下,我们通过这样一个设备研究这一问题,从而试图理解脑震荡产生机制,
- and to figure out if we can prevent it is we are using a device like this. It's a mouthguard.
- 并确定我们是否可以防治脑震荡,我们所采用的是这样一个设备。它是个牙套。
- It has sensors in it that are essentially the same that are in your cell phone: accelerometers, gyroscopes,
- 它里面包含了和手机内置传感器类似的加速计和陀螺仪,
- and when someone is struck in the head, it can tell you how their head moved at a thousand samples per second.
- 当一个人被击中头部时,它可以以每秒钟一千次的速度记录下头部的移动方式,
- The principle behind the mouthguard is this: it fits onto your teeth.
- 这个牙套的原理在于它固定在牙齿上。
- Your teeth are one of the hardest substances in your body.
- 而牙齿是人体内最坚硬的物质之一。
- So it rigidly couples to your skull and gives you the most precise possible measurement of how the skull moves.
- 所以相当于它直接连接在颅骨上,从而可以最为精确地测算出颅骨的运动模式。
- People have tried other approaches, with helmets.
- 研究者们也曾试验过其他方法,比如头盔。
- We've looked at other sensors that go on your skin, and they all simply move around too much,
- 我们也曾实验过将传感器贴在皮肤上,但是它们移动得太多了,
- and so we found that this is the only reliable way to take a good measurement.
- 所以我们发现这是可以得到精确测算的唯一可信方式。
- So now that we've got this device, we can go beyond studying cadavers,
- 现如今我们有了这一设备,就可以不仅限于研究尸体了,
- because you can only learn so much about concussion from studying a cadaver, and we want to learn and study live humans.
- 因为在尸体身上对脑震荡的研究已经近乎到达极限,我们想要进行活体实验。
- So where can we find a group of willing volunteers to go out
- 在哪里才可以找到一组愿意经常出去
- and smash their heads into each other on a regular basis and sustain concussion?
- 把头乱撞,从而患上脑震荡的志愿者呢?
- Well, I was one of them, and it's your local friendly Stanford football team.
- 嗯,我就是其中一员,他们是你们友好的斯坦福橄榄球队。
- So this is our laboratory, and I want to show you the first concussion we measured with this device.
- 所以这就是我们的实验室,我将向各位展示,我们通过这一设备测量到的第一例脑震荡。
- One of the things that I should point out is the device has this gyroscope in it,
- 我需要指出一点:该设备中含有陀螺仪,
- and that allows you to measure the rotation of the head.
- 它可以测出头部的旋转。
- Most experts think that that's the critical factor that might start to tell us what is happening in concussion.
- 而绝大多数专家认为,头部的旋转或许是解释脑震荡成因的关键因素。
- So please watch this video.
- 请看这段视频。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: