Does that come a bit from being born in Belarus, having Russian family?
这是不是因为你出生在白俄罗斯,俄罗斯家庭?
Russians aren't known for complaining much you know. yeah.
没听说过俄罗斯人喜欢抱怨。
We're not far from Moscow but they're known for just getting on with it.
我们离莫斯科不远倒是,但我知道他们喜欢努力干事。
Also you know I'm an immigrant in this country and I think it gives me an advantage.
我也是英国移民,我认为这样的身份给了我许多优势。
You were an immigrant in America. Does that kind of go hand in hand? 100%.
你是美国移民,你感受到这种优势了吗? 百分百。
I'm writing a book right now. I have three or four books that I'm writing in my head that's how I write them.
我正在写一本书,其实我脑子里正在酝酿三四本书,我用这种方式写书。
I called I wish everybody was an immigrant. It's a huge advantage.
我希望所有人都是移民,因为移民给你带来的优势是巨大的。
You're hungry you get to appreciate it. You know now you're an immigrant in UK from the US,
你应该感激你是移民才对,你现在是从美国移民英国,
different in some ways because the US is such a great, you know opportunity place but boy,
虽然许多方面不太一样,因为美国是一个充满机遇的地方,
you know still different you get to see the UK London market for what all its value is versus what you had.
但当你来到英国,看到伦敦市场后你还会觉得不一样,你会将两者进行比较。
It's amazing when you go to a different place very often you went there for a reason,
你会为了某种目的来到你不熟悉的地方,其实这是一件好事,
thus you're looking for the opportunity, right?
而你的目的是为了谋求机遇,对吗?
You see the opportunities you see the opportunities here that are different
你能感受到这里的机会
than what you saw in San Diego or any parts of the US.
和你在圣地亚哥,或是美国其它城市所带给你的机遇不一样。
That's a little bit again a little bit different.
这就是我说的不一样。
Most people come from places that don't have as many opportunities
多数人没有这样的机会,
and they, they can't begin I mean, I am not talk to an immigrant
他们没法,就是说所有我见过的移民,
that doesn't have some level of disdain and or disrespect for every American they know.
他们对美国人都有一种蔑视或者不屑的感觉。
Because they just know they see it for what it is which is holy crap,
因为他们所看到的让他们震惊,
there is 87% of the rest of the world where you'd never have this chance
世界上有87%的人没有这种机会,
and probably 0% other place where it's so rewarded man, so rewarded
其实没有哪里是真的能够做到高回报的,
even with all the immigration and geopolitical issues at hand.
即使加上移民和地缘政治问题。
Still in America, if you come from another place
比方说你来到美国,
even though you're stealing our jobs and all the cliches stuff that the hate and the negativity that people are pushing,
即使你们“偷”了我们的工作机会,一些老生常谈的问题,对移民有很大的意见等等,
still if you go out and execute and win.
但不管怎样,你实现了自己的价值。
America is like you're a winner. It's really you know it's capitalism yeah.
你就是赢家,美国就是这样,这就是资本主义。
So,yeah I think it is a humongous advantage. My parents had no gear.
所以,我认为优势是巨大的,但我父母不会这样。
My mom and dad had absolutely no no tolerance for complaining.
我父母对抱怨是零容忍态度。
They suffocated it in. In hindsight as I sit here and like you can see I kind of looked over
他们只是不说而已,我有的时候会坐下来,像这样看着那边,
and yeah like I'm thinking yeah, like they were just like what are you talking about?
像这样思考问题,但他们就会“你在说什么”?
like there's just there was no opportunity for that.
你好像一点机会都没有一样。
I really appreciate that it's funny I'm visceral to complaining and I think it comes to my parents.
我的抱怨也是不会挂在嘴边的,我觉得这是受父母的影响吧。