n. 经营方法,行为态度
(复数)dealin
您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 英语演讲 > TED演讲MP3+字幕 > TED演讲之科技篇 > 正文
- The word concussion evokes a fear these days more so than it ever has, and I know this personally.
- “脑震荡”一词从未引起过如此之大的恐慌,我自己也患过脑震荡,
- I played 10 years of football, was struck in the head thousands of times.
- 我曾打过十年橄榄球,数千次被球打中脑袋,
- And I have to tell you, though, what was much worse than that was a pair of bike accidents I had where I suffered concussions,
- 但我可以告诉你,自行车事故中我遭受的脑震荡要更为严重,
- and I'm still dealing with the effects of the most recent one today as I stand in front of you.
- 现如今当我站在你面前时,我还在从最近的那次脑震荡中恢复
- There is a fear around concussion that does have some evidence behind it.
- 对脑震荡的恐惧,有些是有道理的,
- There is information that a repeated history of concussion can lead to early dementia,
- 有证据表明,反复多次脑震荡,会导致早期痴呆,
- such as Alzheimer's, and chronic traumatic encephalopathy.
- 比如阿耳茨海默氏病,也会导致慢性的创伤性脑病,
- That was the subject of the Will Smith movie "Concussion."
- 这是威尔·史密斯主演的电影《震荡效应》的主题,
- And so everybody is caught up in football and what they see in the military,
- 几乎每个人在橄榄球比赛中,或是在部队里,都会遭受脑震荡,
- but you may not know that bike riding is the leading cause of concussion for kids, sports-related concussion, that is.
- 但你可能不知道,对孩子们而言,骑自行车才是脑震荡的主要成因,即运动相关脑震荡,
- And so another thing that I should tell you that you may not know is that
- 我还想告诉在座各位一件事,你们或许也不知道,
- the helmets that are worn in bicycling and football and many activities,
- 诸如自行车和橄榄球等运动,所规定佩戴的头盔,
- they're not designed or tested for how well they can protect your children against concussion.
- 并不是为了防止或减轻脑震荡而设计的,
- They're in fact designed and tested for their ability to protect against skull fracture.
- 事实上,此类头盔的目的在于保护头骨,预防头骨骨折。

扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

- 阅读本文的人还阅读了: