您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- There are things we say when we catch the eye of a stranger or a neighbor walking by.
- 当我们看到一个陌生人或者一个邻居走过的时候,我们会寒暄几句。
- We say, "Hello, how are you? It's a beautiful day. How do you feel?"
- 我们会说:“你好。最近怎么样?今天天气很好。你感觉怎么样?”
- These sound kind of meaningless, right? And, in some ways, they are.
- 这些听起来并没有什么意义对吧?在一定程度上来说就是这样的。
- They have no semantic meaning. It doesn't matter how you are or what the day is like.
- 它们没有任何语义学上的意义。与你今天的感觉或者天气状况并没有什么直接关系。
- They have something else. They have social meaning.
- 它们带有其他意义。它们拥有的是社交意义。
- What we mean when we say those things is: I see you there.
- 我们说那些话的时候传递的意思是:我看到你了。
- I'm obsessed with talking to strangers.
- 我热衷于与陌生人交谈,
- I make eye contact, say hello, I offer help, I listen. I get all kinds of stories.
- 我和他们进行眼神交流,语言交流,我提供帮助,倾听他们。我从他们那里得到了各种各样的故事。
- About seven years ago, I started documenting my experiences to try to figure out why.
- 大约七年前,我开始记录我的经历,希望借此找出这种喜好的原因。
- What I found was that something really beautiful was going on. This is almost poetic.
- 我从中发现了一些很美好的东西,几乎称得上是颇具诗意。
- These were really profound experiences. They were unexpected pleasures.
- 这些都是含义深刻的经历。是意想不到的的喜悦。
- They were genuine emotional connections. They were liberating moments.
- 是真诚的情感联系。是释放自我的瞬间。
- So one day, I was standing on a corner waiting for the light to change, which, I'm a New Yorker,
- 比如有一天,我站在街口等绿灯,我是一个纽约客,
- so that means I was actually standing in the street on the storm drain, as if that could get me across faster.
- 所以那意味着我实际上是站在马路边的雨篦子上,就好像我因此能够快一些过马路一样。
- And there's an old man standing next to me.
- 我身边站了一个老年人,
- So he's wearing, like, a long overcoat and sort of an old-man hat, and he looked like somebody from a movie.
- 他穿着一件长大衣,戴着一顶老年帽,看起来就像是从电影里走出来的。
- And he says to me, "Don't stand there. You might disappear."
- 他对我说,“不要站在那里,你可能会消失的。”
- So this is absurd, right? But I did what he said. I stepped back onto the sidewalk.
- 这听起来很荒谬,是吧?但是我照他说的做了。向后退了一步回到人行道上。
- And he smiled, and he said, "Good. You never know. I might have turned around, and zoop, you're gone."
- 他对我微笑了一下,然后说:“很好,谁知道呢,可能我转个身,然后嗖的一下你就消失了。”
- This was weird, and also really wonderful.
- 这听起来怪怪的,但却让我感觉特别好。
- He was so warm, and he was so happy that he'd saved me. We had this little bond.
- 他是那么热情,并且因为“挽救”了我而感觉那么开心。我们建立起了小小的联系。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
我们一直来受到的教育是"不要和陌生人说话,陌生人是危险的",本期TED演讲者Kio Stark女士却对这一观点提出质疑。她的经历和观察告诉了她:如果我们能够推翻对陌生人的成见会带来意想不到的惊喜。让我们终止无数的猜忌,创造一个更美好的世界吧!
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201705/510245.shtml