您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之国际问题篇 >
正文
- So the question is, what is the next big idea for this generation?
- 那么问题来了,我们这一代的下一个大想法又是什么呢?
- And I believe what comes next is for this generation to let go of fossil fuels for good, just as we did with the army.
- 我相信我们这一代,将会为了更好的环境放弃使用化石燃料,就像我们当初废除了军队一样。
- Fossil fuels create climate change.
- 化石燃料造成了全球气候变化。
- We know that, and we know how vulnerable we are to the impacts of climate change.
- 我们都知道这一点,也明白我们在面对气候变化所带来的影响时多么不堪一击。
- So as a developing country, it is in our best interest
- 所以身在一个发展中国家,在建设过程中
- to build development without fossil fuels that harm people in the first place.
- 摒弃化石燃料才是我们最好的选择,因为这本身就是在伤害我们自己。
- Because why would we continue importing oil for transportation if we can use electricity instead?
- 因为当我们可以用电力来代替石油的时候,我们为什么要继续为了交通运输而进口石油?
- Remember, this is the country where electricity comes from water in our rivers,
- 请记住,这是一个从江河的水流,
- heat from volcanoes, wind turbines, solar panels, biowaste.
- 火山的炙热,风力发电机,太阳能板和生物废料中获取电能的国家。
- Abolishing fossil fuels means disrupting our transportation system
- 放弃化石燃料意味着交通系统也必须跟着变革,
- so that we can power our cars, buses and trains with electricity instead of dirty energy.
- 所以我们就可以用电能来发动私家车,公共汽车和火车,而不再是用会污染环境的石油。
- And transportation, let me tell you, has become an existential issue for us Costa Ricans,
- 而且让我告诉你们,交通已经成为哥斯达黎加人生活中的一个麻烦了,
- because the model we have is not working for us.
- 因为现在我们的交通模式并不适合我们。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练