您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之国际问题篇 >
正文
- In the '50s, we started investing in hydropower,
- 在五十年代时,我们开始投资水电工程,
- and that kept us away from the trap of using fossil fuels for electricity generation,
- 这也使我们避免陷入使用石油来发电的困局,
- which is what the world is struggling with today.
- 而现在全世界都在这个泥潭中挣扎。
- In the '70s we invested in national parks,
- 在70年代的时候,我们投资建立了国家公园,
- and that kept us away from the deeply flawed logic of growth, growth, growth at any cost
- 而这也使我们避开了“不惜一切代价发展”这种大错特错的逻辑,
- that you see others embracing, especially in the developing world.
- 但这个畸形的理念却被很多其它发展中国家所尊崇。
- In the '90s, we pioneered payments for ecosystem services,
- 在90年代时,我们率先提出了为生态系统保护工作者支付报酬的政策,
- and that helped us reverse deforestation and boosted ecotourism, which today is a key engine of growth.
- 而这帮助我们逆转了森林砍伐的后果,同时促进了生态旅游,而这也是我们今天经济发展的主要引擎。
- So investing in environmental protection did not hurt our economy. Quite the opposite.
- 所以在环境保护方面的投资并没有妨碍我们的经济发展。反而起到了促进作用。
- And it doesn't mean we are perfect, and it doesn't mean we don't have contradictions.
- 但这不代表我们是完美的,也不代表我们没有其他顾虑。
- That's not the point.
- 这不是重点。
- The point is that, by making our own choices,
- 重点是,因为做出了我们自己的决定,
- we were able to develop resilience in dealing with development problems.
- 我们得以坚韧又不失灵活地处理发展过程中的各种问题。
- Also, if you take a country like ours,
- 而且,用哥斯达黎加举例,
- the GDP per capita is around 11,000 dollars, depending on how you measure it.
- 哥斯达黎加人均GDP差不多是11000美元,当然这在于你是怎么计算的。
- But according to the Social Progress Index,
- 但根据社会进步指数的数据,
- we are an absolute outlier when it comes to turning GDP into social progress.
- 将GDP转化为社会进步这一点上我们绝对是超群的。
- Abolishing the army, investing in nature and people, did something very powerful, too.
- 废除军队,在保护自然环境和百姓康乐上投资这几点,都对哥斯达黎加的发展做出了不可磨灭的贡献。
- It shaped the narrative, the narrative of a small country with big ideas,
- 这一切造就了我们的故事,那就是一个小国家也能有大想法,
- and it was very empowering to grow up with that narrative.
- 而这个小国家也在跟随这段故事的脚步慢慢成长。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练