您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- The first was that even though we grew, we didn't create enough jobs.
- 一,虽然我们进步,我们却没有创造足够的就业岗位。
- We didn't create jobs for our youth.
- 我们没有为我们的年轻人创造就业岗位。
- Youth unemployment on the continent is about 15 percent, and underemployment is a serious problem.
- 在非洲,失业青年大概占15%,而就业不足是一个非常严重的问题。
- The second thing that we did is that the quality of growth was not good enough.
- 二,发展质量不高。
- Even those jobs we created were low-productivity jobs,
- 就连那些我们已经创造了的就业岗位,也只是低生产率岗位,
- so we moved people from low-productivity agriculture
- 因此我们只是把人们从低生产率的农业
- to low-productivity commerce and working in the informal sector in the urban areas.
- 转移到了低生产率的商业,而且还是在城市的非正式部门工作。
- The third thing is that inequality increased. So we created more billionaires.
- 三,贫富悬殊差距扩大。我们造就了更多亿万富翁。
- 50 billionaires worth 96 billion dollars own more wealth than the bottom 75 million people on the continent.
- 50个亿万富翁,身价960亿美元,拥有比这个大陆上7500万底层人民更多的财富。
- Poverty, the proportion of people in poverty -- that's the fourth thing -- did decrease,
- 贫困,贫困人口比例——这是我要说的第四件事——确实下降了,
- but the absolute numbers did not because of population growth.
- 但是因为人口增长,实际人数并没有降低。
- And population growth is something that we don't have enough of a dialogue about on the continent.
- 人口增长是一个在非洲大陆上还没有好好讨论过的话题。
- And I think we will need to get a handle on it, particularly how we educate girls.
- 而我认为我们有需要去解决这个问题,尤其是我们如何教育女孩子们。
- So that they can...that is the road to really working on this particular issue.
- 那才是真正解决这个特殊问题的方法。
- The fifth thing is that we didn't invest enough in infrastructure.
- 五,基础设施投入不足。
- We had investment from the Chinese. That helped some countries, but it's not enough.
- 我们从中国那里获得了资助。这帮助了部分国家,可却远远不够。
- The consumption of electricity in Africa on the continent in Sub-Saharan Africa is equivalent to Spain.
- 在非洲的撒哈拉以南地区,耗电量相当于西班牙。
- The total consumption is equivalent to that of Spain.
- 整体的耗电量相当于西班牙。
- So many people are living in the dark,
- 这意味着很多人生活在黑暗中,
- and as the President of the African Development Bank said recently, Africa cannot develop in the dark.
- 就如非洲发展银行行长最近说的,“非洲不能在黑暗中前行”。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
经济学家和前财政部长恩戈齐·奥孔乔-伊韦拉说:“非洲的发展是一个趋势,而不是偶然。”在这份相当坦率且直截了当的演讲中,奥孔乔-伊韦拉描述了这片大陆上的积极进展,并概述了非洲国家为创造一个更美好的未来仍需解决的八个挑战。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201701/488285.shtml