您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- We were being told that we somehow must become what we are not,
- 不知道为什么我们总是被灌输,我们必须变成跟自己不同的样子,
- sacrificing what we are to inherit the masquerade of what we will be.
- 牺牲原本的自我来适应我们将要戴上的身份面具。
- I was being told to accept the identity that others will give me.
- 我总是被要求接受别人赋予我的身份。
- And I wondered, what made my dreams so easy to dismiss?
- 我不明白,为什么我的梦想就这么容易被否定?
- Granted, my dreams are shy, because they're Canadian.
- 好吧,我的梦想们都很害羞,因为它们都是加拿大人。
- My dreams are self-conscious and overly apologetic.
- 我的梦想们,它们都太难为情、太谦卑了。
- They're standing alone at the high school dance, and they've never been kissed.
- 它们孤零零的站在高中舞会的角落,从未被人欣赏过。
- See, my dreams got called names too.
- 你瞧,我的梦想们也被人起了外号。
- Silly. Foolish. Impossible. But I kept dreaming.
- 傻瓜。笨蛋。异想天开。但是我一直怀有梦想。
- I was going to be a wrestler. I had it all figured out.
- 我要做一个摔跤运动员。一切都想好了。
- I was going to be The Garbage Man.
- 我要像垃圾搬运工一样(去摔跤)。
- My finishing move was going to be The Trash Compactor.
- 我摔跤的结束动作也会像垃圾压实机一样。
- My saying was going to be, "I'm taking out the trash!"
- 我的台词是:“我要把这垃圾扔出去!”
- And then this guy, Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, stole my entire shtick.
- 然后这个人,杜克·“回收站”·卓斯,抢走了我所有的台词。
- I was crushed, as if by a trash compactor.
- 我的心就像是被垃圾压实机压过一样沮丧。
- I thought to myself, "What now? Where do I turn?"
- 我问自己:“怎么办?我还能做什么?”
- Poetry. Like a boomerang, the thing I loved came back to me.
- 诗歌。我喜爱的东西像回旋镖一样又回到了我身边。
- One of the first lines of poetry I can remember writing was in response to a world that demanded I hate myself.
- 我记得我写下的第一行诗歌,是对这个让我憎恨我自己的世界的回应。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
俏皮和欢快之后,诗人谢恩·科伊赞将我们带入了另一种孩童时代的成长经历。“时至今日”。他朗诵的诗歌开始触及恃强凌弱的行为。这段由80位动画师集体创作的病毒视频吸引了几百万人的观看。在这里,他重温了这段动画背后的故事。背景音乐小提琴独奏由汉娜·埃珀森女士演奏。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201611/479911.shtml