您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- There's so many of you.
- 好多人呀。
- When I was a kid, I hid my heart under the bed, because my mother said,
- 当我还是小孩子的时候,我把自己的心藏在床底下,因为我的妈妈告诉我,
- "If you're not careful, someday someone's going to break it."
- “你要是不小心保管,终有一天有人会摧毁它。”
- Take it from me. Under the bed is not a good hiding spot.
- 听我说,床底下并不是藏东西的好地方,
- I know because I've been shot down so many times I get altitude sickness just from standing up for myself.
- 我很清楚因为每当我想要站起来,自强不息的时候,都会因为“高原反应”而被一次次打倒在地。
- But that's what we were told. Stand up for yourself.
- 但这就是别人教我们的。自强不息。
- And that's hard to do if you don't know who you are.
- 如果你没有明确的定位,你很难做到自强不息。
- We were expected to define ourselves at such an early age, and if we didn't do it, others did it for us.
- 我们还很小的时候就被要求明确自己的定位,如果我们做不到,别人就会代劳。
- Geek. Fatty. Slut. Fag.
- “呆子”。“胖子”。“荡妇”。“苦力”。
- And at the same time we were being told what we were, we were being asked,
- 在我们被赋予身份定位的同时,我们总是被人问到,
- "What do you want to be when you grow up?"
- “长大后你想做什么?”
- I always thought that was an unfair question.
- 我一直觉得这个问题问得很不公平。
- It presupposes that we can't be what we already are. We were kids.
- 它预先假设了我们不能维持现在的样子。我们是小孩子。
- When I was a kid, I wanted to be a man.
- 当我是小孩子的时候,我想变成一个男人。
- I wanted a registered retirement savings plan that would keep me in candy long enough to make old age sweet.
- 我想要有自己的养老金账户,钱足够我把余下的一辈子时间都只花在制作老式糖果上
- When I was a kid, I wanted to shave. Now, not so much.
- 当我是小孩子的时候,我希望可以刮胡子。现在?不想了。
- When I was eight, I wanted to be a marine biologist.
- 八岁的时候,我想当海洋生物学家。
- When I was nine, I saw the movie "Jaws," and thought to myself, "No, thank you."
- 九岁的时候,我看了《大白鲨》。然后我对自己说,“还是算了吧。”
- And when I was 10, I was told that my parents left because they didn't want me.
- 十岁的时候,我的生父母离开了我,他们不要我了。
- When I was 11, I wanted to be left alone.
- 11岁的时候,我希望自己一个人生活。
- When I was 12, I wanted to die. When I was 13, I wanted to kill a kid.
- 12岁的时候我不想活了。13岁的时候我想杀掉一个小孩。
- When I was 14, I was asked to seriously consider a career path.
- 14岁的时候我被要求严肃的考虑以后的职业生涯。
- I said, "I'd like to be a writer." And they said, "Choose something realistic."
- 我说,“我想做一个作家。”他们说:“说个现实点的工作。”
- So I said, "Professional wrestler." And they said, "Don't be stupid."
- 于是我说,“职业摔跤运动员。”他们说,“别傻了。”
- See, they asked me what I wanted to be, then told me what not to be.
- 你看,他们问我想做什么,然后又告诉我统统不能做。
- And I wasn't the only one.
- 而且不止是我一个人
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
俏皮和欢快之后,诗人谢恩·科伊赞将我们带入了另一种孩童时代的成长经历。“时至今日”。他朗诵的诗歌开始触及恃强凌弱的行为。这段由80位动画师集体创作的病毒视频吸引了几百万人的观看。在这里,他重温了这段动画背后的故事。背景音乐小提琴独奏由汉娜·埃珀森女士演奏。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201611/479693.shtml