您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- Good evening. My name is Pauline Ning, and first I want to tell you that I'm --
- 晚上好。我叫宁宝琳,首先我要告诉你们
- of course I am a member of the Chinese community in New York.
- 我是纽约的华人社区的一员
- But when Sarah Jones asked me to please come to TED,
- 但是当莎拉琼斯让我来参加TED的时候
- I said, well, you know, first, I don't know that, you know --
- 起先我说不好,要知道
- before two years ago, you would not find me in front of an audience of people,
- 如果放在两年前,我肯定不会当着这么多人讲话
- much less like this because I did not like to give speeches
- 比这少得多的人,我也不会的,因为我不太愿意作演讲
- because I feel that, as an immigrant, I do not have good English skills for speaking.
- 因为我觉得,作为一名移民,我的英语讲不好
- But then, I decided, just like Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, I try anyway.
- 但我又一想,我要像施瓦辛格州长一样,努力尝试一下
- My daughter -- my daughter wrote that, she told me, "Always start your speech with humor."
- 我的女儿帮我写的发言稿,她告诉我,总要以一个笑话开始演讲
- But my background -- I want to tell you story only briefly.
- 关于我的背景,我想简短地跟你们说一下
- My husband and I, we brought our son and daughter here in 1980s
- 我丈夫和我在1980年代带着我们的儿子和女儿来到这里
- to have the freedom we cannot have in China at that time.
- 是冲着这里的自由,当时的中国还没有这么自由
- And we tried to teach our kids to be proud of their tradition, but it's very hard.
- 我们努力教育我们的孩子要为他们的传统感到自豪,但这非常难
- You know, as immigrant, I would speak Chinese to them, and they would always answer me back in English.
- 要知道,作为移民,我会跟孩子们说中文,但他们总是用英文回答我
- They love rock music, pop culture, American culture.
- 他们喜欢摇滚乐,流行文化,美国文化
- But when they got older, when the time comes for them to start think about getting married,
- 但当他们长大以后,到了要谈婚论嫁的年龄
- that's when we expect them to realize, a little bit more, their own culture.
- 我们就希望他们能够回归原本的文化传统
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
这是一段精采绝伦的演出。莎拉·琼斯一个人分别扮演了一位固执的犹太老太太、一个语速极快的多米尼加裔女大学生以及其他众多精彩角色。她为TED2009展示了她极其丰富的多面性格。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201611/478798.shtml