您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- I usually have to just like try to calm down and take a deep breath.
- 通常我要深呼吸让自己镇静下来
- But then on top of that, you know, Sarah Jones told me we only have 18 minutes.
- 但更糟糕的是,莎拉琼斯告诉我,我们总共只有18分钟
- So then I'm like, should I be nervous, you know, because maybe it's better.
- 于是我想也许我应该紧张点儿才好
- And I'm just trying not to panic and freak out. So I like, take a deep breath.
- 我要尽量不慌张,所以我得深呼吸
- Okay. Sorry. So anyway, what I was trying to say is that I really love TED.
- 好了,我想说我真的很喜欢TED
- Like, I love everything about this. It's amazing.
- 我喜欢这里的一切,太不可思议了
- Like, it's -- I can't get over this right now.
- 我克服不了这个(紧张情绪)
- And, like, people would not believe, seriously, where I'm from, that this even exists.
- 说真的,人们都不相信我是从哪来的,不相信居然有这么个地方
- You know, like even, I mean I love like the name, the -- TED.
- 我喜欢TED这个名字
- I mean I know it's a real person and everything, but I'm just saying that like,
- 我知道这是个真人的名字,我只想说
- you know, I think it's very cool how it's also an acronym, you know,
- 这居然还是个缩略语,真是太酷了
- which is like, you know, is like very high concept and everything like that. I like that.
- 这听起来非常高深。我喜欢
- And actually, I can relate to the whole like acronym thing and everything.
- 事实上,我自己跟缩略语也很有关系
- Because, actually, I'm a sophomore at college right now.
- 我现在是大学二年级的学生
- At my school -- actually I was part of co-founding an organization, which is like a leadership thing,
- 我在学校跟几个朋友成立了一个组织,也颇有领导意义
- you know, like you guys, you would really like it and everything.
- 就像你们一样,你们一定会喜欢这个想法的
- And the organization is called DA BOMB, and DA BOMB -- not like what you guys can build and everything --
- 这个组织叫DA BOMB,我们的DA BOMB组织比不上你们所创造的这些(伟大的东西)
- it's like, DA BOMB, it means like Dominican -- it's an acronym --
- DA BOMB也是个缩略语
- Dominican-American Benevolent Organization for Mothers and Babies.
- 全称是多米尼加裔美国人慈善组织为了母亲和婴儿们
- So, I know, see, like the name is like a little bit long, but with the war on terror and everything,
- 我知道这个名字有点长,但是因为反恐战争这类原因
- the Dean of Student Activities has asked us to stop saying DA BOMB and use the whole thing so nobody would get the wrong idea, whatever.
- 校学生活动的主任不让我们用DA BOMB这个简称,让我们要用全称以避免歧义
- So, basically like DA BOMB -- what Dominican-American Benevolent Organization for Mothers and Babies does
- 所以说DA BOMB这个组织,我是说,多米尼加裔美国人慈善组织为了母亲和婴儿们
- is, basically, we try to advocate for students who show a lot of academic promise and who also happen to be mothers like me.
- 我们努力为在学业上很有前途的学生们争取权益,而且这些学生跟我一样同时也是母亲
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
这是一段精采绝伦的演出。莎拉·琼斯一个人分别扮演了一位固执的犹太老太太、一个语速极快的多米尼加裔女大学生以及其他众多精彩角色。她为TED2009展示了她极其丰富的多面性格。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201611/477552.shtml