您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之商业篇 >
正文
- As I got my Bachelor's and PhD in electrical engineering,
- 当我电子工程方面取得学士与博士学位,
- did R And D in the UK, then consulting in the Middle East,
- 在英国从事研发,此外在中东咨询,
- I have always been in male-dominated environments.
- 我总是处在男权至上的环境。
- Truth be told, I have never found a role model I could truly identify with.
- 老实说,我从未找到能让我共鸣的榜样。
- My mother's generation wasn't into professional leadership.
- 我母亲的年代对职业的领导地位不感兴趣。
- There were some encouraging men along the way,
- 在我的经历中遇见过很多激励并鼓舞人心的男士,
- but none knew the demands and pressures I was facing,
- 但没有人知道我当时正面对的需求与压力。
- pressures that got particularly acute when I had my own two beautiful children.
- 当我拥有两个美丽的小孩时,这压力变得特别严重。
- And although Western women love to give us poor, oppressed Arab women advice,
- 而虽然西方女性喜欢给予贫穷的、 受欺压的阿拉伯女性忠告,
- they live different lives with different constraints.
- 但她们过着不一样的生活,有着不一样的束缚。
- So Arab women of my generation have had to become our own role models.
- 所以我这一代的阿拉伯女性不得不成为我们的楷模。
- We have had to juggle more than Arab men,
- 我们不得不比阿拉伯男性兼顾更多,
- and we have had to face more cultural rigidity than Western women.
- 我们也不得不去面对比起西方女性会遇到的更顽固的文化。
- As a result, I would like to think that we poor, oppressed women
- 到最后,我想,对于我们这些贫穷、受压迫的女性
- actually have some useful, certainly hard-earned lessons to share,
- 确实有一些实用的、来之不易的经验能够去分享,
- lessons that might turn out useful for anyone wishing to thrive in the modern world.
- 这些经验可能对任何一位希望在这现代化的世界成长茁壮的人都很有用。
- Here are three of mine.
- 我这里有三个经验分享。
- There is this word that everybody is touting as the key to success: resilience.
- 每个人都认为这是成功的金钥匙:适应性。
- Well, what exactly is resilience, and how do you develop it?
- 恩,什么是适应性,你要怎么发展适应性呢?
- I believe resilience is simply the ability to transform shit into fuel.
- 我相信适应性简单来说就是把负面能量转换成自身动力的能力
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
在阿拉伯这个男权社会,女性往往被忽视甚至不平等对待。但即便在这种情况下,演讲者还是闯出了自己的一片天地,并和大家分享关于她的成功经验。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201611/475270.shtml