您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED十佳演讲话题 >
正文
- A lot of people want to believe in this concept of moral progress.
- 许多人想要相信道德进步的这个概念
- But can you reconcile that?
- 但是这有可能达到和谐吗?
- I think I understood you to say that you could
- 我想我了解你所说的
- reconcile that with a world that doesn't become one dimensional, where we all have to think the same.
- 不要让世界变得只有一种道德,也不需要大家都只有一种想法
- Paint your picture of what rolling the clock 50 years forward,
- 你可以告诉我们,如果我们快转到50年后
- 100 years forward, how you would like to think of the world, balancing moral progress with richness.
- 100年后,你希望我们的世界能如何在道德进步和多元文化中找到平衡
- Well, I think once you admit that we are on the path toward understanding our minds
- 一旦我们承认我们走在解构理性的路上
- at the level of the brain in some important detail,
- 以理解大脑运作的方法
- then you have to admit that we are going to understand all of the positive
- 那么你也必须承认,我们将会更明白
- and negative qualities of ourselves in much greater detail.
- 我们身上的这些正面和负面的特质
- So, we're going to understand positive social emotion like empathy and compassion,
- 我们会理解正面的社群特质,像是同情心、仁爱心
- and we're going to understand the factors that encourage it -- whether they're genetic,
- 我们将会了解是怎样的元素,帮助我们有这些特质--无论是基因
- whether they're how people talk to one another, whether they're economic systems,
- 是人们对话的方式,是经济体系
- and insofar as we begin to shine light on that we are inevitably going to converge on that fact space.
- 我们正要开始发现并无可避免的步向这些事实
- So, everything is not going to be up for grabs.
- 我们不能再自由心证
- It's not going to be like veiling my daughter from birth
- 为了得到男人的青睐,就让我刚出生的女儿蒙头
- is just as good as teaching her to be confident and well-educated
- 或是教导她成为一个自信而有教养的女性
- in the context of men who do desire women.
- 是完全不同的两件事
- I mean I don't think we need an NSF grant to know that compulsory veiling is a bad idea --
- 我想我们不需要国家科学基金会特别拨款,才能发现强制女人蒙头很不好
- but at a certain point we're going to be able to scan the brains of everyone involved and actually interrogate them.
- 到了某种程度,我们可以扫描每个人的头脑并研究它们
- Do people love their daughters just as much in these systems?
- 人们真的爱它们的女儿吗,就算在那样的文化下?
- And I think there are clearly right answers to that.
- 我想这些问题是有正确答案的。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
演讲简介:
几个世纪来,科学被排拒在善恶对错的问题以外。Sam Harris提出科学不但可以,更应当成为道德问题的准则,为人类设立新人道价值,带领我们走向真正的幸福生活。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201609/466284.shtml