手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 英语听力 > 公开课 > 亚洲研究公开课 > 正文

亚洲社会文化研究(MP3+双语字幕) 第28期:关于移民的对话(28)

来源:可可英语 编辑:villa   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  
  • Well it turns out that it increases not only your feelings of brotherly love but also your antagonism towards others.
  • 这也证明它的增加不仅仅是因为你的亲切的爱,也是你对别人的敌意。
  • You know, We're hard-wired to love and then to hate.
  • 人之初,性本善,然后去憎恨。
  • You know, And I'm not saying that I'm proud of this,
  • 并且我不是说这是让我骄傲的,
  • I do think that we need to work to overcome our own biological limits.
  • 我想我们需要克服我们自身的生理极限,
  • But, I have to say that I understand why people are fearful and I understand why people, what their first reaction is:
  • 但我必须说我知道为什么人是可怕的,我也明白为什么他们的第一反应是:
  • we can't have this going on in this country.
  • 我们不能让这发生在这个国家,
  • And I am sympathetic to them.
  • 并且我很同情他们,
  • I still think they're wrong, don't get me wrong.
  • 我仍然认为他们是错的,我不想跟着错,
  • I would not vote the way they vote, but I understand where they're coming from.
  • 我不会随大流的投票,但我知道他们来自哪里
  • And I think that many people have very difficult circumstances. Yes, ma'am?
  • 并且我认为很多人都有很困难的情况。是的,太太?
  • I'm going to take a slightly different tack.
  • 我要采取一种略有不同的策略
  • I had the privilege to meet some young people who were traveling around the area
  • 我有幸遇到一些处处旅游的年轻人
  • Right into the microphone please.
  • 请用麦克风
  • Ok. I had the privilege recently to meet some young people who were traveling around the country speaking for the Dream Act.
  • 好的,我最近有幸遇到一些说为梦想而周游各地的年轻人,
  • Young people who were raised in this country, whose parent's were illegal in their immigration.
  • 这些年轻人长在这个国家,他们的父母是非法移民,
  • And these young people, in certain circumstances, most of them are threatened with being deported.
  • 并且这些年轻人在某种情况下,大部分的人害怕被驱逐,
  • And they're people who've gone through High School.
  • 他们是经过美国高校教育的孩子,
  • They're very, "Americanized" and they're you know, their educated certainly and they are in their accents, many of them.
  • 他们非常美国化,你们知道的,他们接受的美国教育,他们有美国的口音,他们有着美国人许多的特点,
  • And they think of themselves as American.
  • 并且他们认为自己是美国人,
  • And they're at risk of being deported to a place they've never been,
  • 并且他们冒着被驱逐的危险去一些他们从未去过的地方


扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练

Well it turns out that it increases not only your feelings of brotherly love but also your antagonism towards others.

这也证明它的增加不仅仅是因为你的亲切的爱,也是你对别人的敌意。
You know, We're hard-wired to love and then to hate.
人之初,性本善,然后去憎恨。
You know, And I'm not saying that I'm proud of this,
并且我不是说这是让我骄傲的,
I do think that we need to work to overcome our own biological limits.
我想我们需要克服我们自身的生理极限,
But, I have to say that I understand why people are fearful and I understand why people, what their first reaction is:
但我必须说我知道为什么人是可怕的,我也明白为什么他们的第一反应是:
we can't have this going on in this country.
我们不能让这发生在这个国家,
And I am sympathetic to them.
并且我很同情他们,
讽刺共和党总统候选人川普的移民政策

I still think they're wrong, don't get me wrong.

我仍然认为他们是错的,我不想跟着错,
I would not vote the way they vote, but I understand where they're coming from.
我不会随大流的投票,但我知道他们来自哪里
And I think that many people have very difficult circumstances. Yes, ma'am?
并且我认为很多人都有很困难的情况。是的,太太?
I'm going to take a slightly different tack.
我要采取一种略有不同的策略
I had the privilege to meet some young people who were traveling around the area
我有幸遇到一些处处旅游的年轻人
Right into the microphone please.
请用麦克风
Ok. I had the privilege recently to meet some young people who were traveling around the country speaking for the Dream Act.
好的,我最近有幸遇到一些说为梦想而周游各地的年轻人,
Young people who were raised in this country, whose parent's were illegal in their immigration.
这些年轻人长在这个国家,他们的父母是非法移民,
And these young people, in certain circumstances, most of them are threatened with being deported.
并且这些年轻人在某种情况下,大部分的人害怕被驱逐,
And they're people who've gone through High School.
他们是经过美国高校教育的孩子,
They're very, "Americanized" and they're you know, their educated certainly and they are in their accents, many of them.
他们非常美国化,你们知道的,他们接受的美国教育,他们有美国的口音,他们有着美国人许多的特点,
And they think of themselves as American.
并且他们认为自己是美国人,
And they're at risk of being deported to a place they've never been,
并且他们冒着被驱逐的危险去一些他们从未去过的地方

重点单词   查看全部解释    
fearful ['fiəfəl]

想一想再看

adj. 担心的,可怕的

 
overcome [.əuvə'kʌm]

想一想再看

vt. 战胜,克服,(感情等)压倒,使受不了

联想记忆
certain ['sə:tn]

想一想再看

adj. 确定的,必然的,特定的
pron.

 
microphone ['maikrəfəun]

想一想再看

n. 麦克风,扩音器

联想记忆
illegal [i'li:gəl]

想一想再看

adj. 不合法的,非法的
n. 非法移民

联想记忆
slightly ['slaitli]

想一想再看

adv. 些微地,苗条地

 
privilege ['privilidʒ]

想一想再看

n. 特权,特别恩典,基本人权,荣幸
vt.

联想记忆
sympathetic [.simpə'θetik]

想一想再看

adj. 同情的,共鸣的
n. 交感神经

联想记忆
antagonism [æn'tægənizəm]

想一想再看

n. 对抗,对立,敌对状态(行为)

 
reaction [ri'ækʃən]

想一想再看

n. 反应,反作用力,化学反应

联想记忆

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。