您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- Let me explain.
- 下面我来解释一下。
- One of the things that characterizes extroverts is they need stimulation.
- 外向性格的人的一大特征,就是他们需要刺激。
- And that stimulation can be achieved by finding things that are exciting:
- 这种刺激可以是令人兴奋的事:
- loud noises, parties and social events here at TED -- you see the extroverts forming a magnetic core.
- 比如巨大的声响、热闹的聚会和TED这样的社交事件——你会发现外向者会形成一个磁性的内核。
- They all gather together. And I've seen you.
- 他们会聚集到一起。所以我才会在这里遇见你们。
- The introverts are more likely to spend time in the quiet spaces up on the second floor,
- 而内向的人更喜欢上到二楼,找个安静的地方待着,
- where they are able to reduce stimulation -- and may be misconstrued as being antisocial,
- 以减少外界刺激--这样做可能会被误认为不喜欢社交,
- but you're not necessarily antisocial.
- 但其实这并不绝对。
- It may be that you simply realize that you do better when you have a chance to lower that level of stimulation.
- 也许你只是单纯地知道自己在外界刺激较低的时候状态更好。
- Sometimes it's an internal stimulant, from your body.
- 这也包括内在刺激,来自你的体内。
- Caffeine, for example, works much better with extroverts than it does introverts.
- 比如说,咖啡因有时候对外向的人比内向的人更有效。
- When extroverts come into the office at nine o'clock in the morning and say, "I really need a cup of coffee,"
- 当外向者早上9点走进办公室说,“我需要一杯咖啡。”
- they're not kidding -- they really do.
- 他们没开玩笑--他们是真需要。
- Introverts do not do as well, particularly if the tasks they're engaged in --
- 内向者就不会这么做,尤其是当他们正在干的活儿——
- and they've had some coffee -- if those tasks are speeded, and if they're quantitative,
- 而且他们已经喝过咖啡了--如果这些活儿很急,而且有量化标准,
- introverts may give the appearance of not being particularly quantitative. But it's a misconstrual.
- 内向者会表现得好像,这些活儿没有特别的量化标准。但这是一种误导。
- So here are the consequences that are really quite intriguing:
- 因此我们能得出一些,非常有趣的结论:
- we're not always what seem to be, and that takes me to my next point.
- 我们经常会表里不一,这就引出了我下一个观点。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
我是谁? 我真的了解自己吗? 心理学上常用一些性格特征给我们定义和分类, 本期TED演讲者Brian Little博士将为大家分享他在心理学领域的研究发现,帮助我们更清晰的认识自己,同时认识他人。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201608/462085.shtml