您现在的位置:
首页 >
英语听力 >
英语演讲 >
TED演讲MP3+字幕 >
TED演讲之科学篇 >
正文
- In it are the stories of how many times I've had to reinvent a self from the ruins of my choices,
- 书里讲述的是我如何在人生选择的废墟中重生的故事。
- the stories of how my seeming failures were really just weird-ass portals to something beautiful.
- 书里讲述的是那些我的失败如何奇迹般地通向美好的故事。
- All I had to do was give voice to the story.
- 我要做的就是让大家听到我的故事。
- There's a myth in most cultures about following your dreams.
- 每一种文化中都有追梦的神话,
- It's called the hero's journey.
- 大多数叫做英雄之路。
- But I prefer a different myth, that's slightly to the side of that or underneath it.
- 不过我更喜欢另一种神话,一种过程不同,不为人所知的神话,
- It's called the misfit's myth.
- 叫做不适者的神话。
- And it goes like this:
- 它是这样的:
- even at the moment of your failure, right then, you are beautiful.
- 即使那时候你失败了,失败的你也是美好的。
- You don't know it yet, but you have the ability to reinvent yourself endlessly.
- 你可能没有发觉那个不断地试图重生的你
- That's your beauty.
- 是最美丽的。
- You can be a drunk, you can be a survivor of abuse,
- 你可以醉酒,你可以从虐待中逃脱出来,
- you can be an ex-con, you can be a homeless person,
- 你可以有前科,你可以无家可归,
- you can lose all your money or your job or your husband or your wife, or the worst thing of all, a child.
- 你可以失去所有的钱,工作甚至另一半,或者最难过的莫过于,你失去了你的孩子,
- You can even lose your marbles.
- 甚至失去理智。
- You can be standing dead center in the middle of your failure
- 你站在失败的正中心,
- and still, I'm only here to tell you, you are so beautiful.
- 此时我要告诉你,你是那么美好。
- Your story deserves to be heard,
- 你的故事应该被大家听到
- because you, you rare and phenomenal misfit,
- 因为你是稀有的,是独特的,是独一无二的,
- you new species, are the only one in the room who can tell the story the way only you would.
- 这个屋子里只有你可以用只有你才会的方式来讲述你的故事。
- And I'd be listening. Thank you.
- 而我会静静地聆听。谢谢。
扫描二维码进行跟读打分训练
这个世界上有很多“格格不入者”,他们不合群,怯懦,胆小和自卑,命运对他们也常常不公。本期的TED演讲者Lidia Yuknavitch女士就是这样一个人,她的故事和经历足以让她为“格格不入者”们代言。让我们听听她的故事,心声和感悟。
来源:可可英语 http://www.kekenet.com/Article/201608/459660.shtml